Cauliflower Cheese

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by heather555, 5 May 2009 Social URL.

1. heather555

heather555 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi,

I'm currently on go lower so already in ketosis but have ran out of food until tomorrow, was going to have steak and cauliflower cheese for tea, Can I buy ready made cauliflower cheese or do I have to make my own? I don't want to buy a ready made one if it throws me out of ketosis, but don't actually know how to make cauliflower cheese anyway! lol, thanks in advance for any help x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miss Macaw

Miss Macaw Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    Low carb maintenance
    Hello

I wouldn't go for a shop bought cauli cheese - likely to be full of all sorts of things like starch and flour and probably sugar too. It's quite easy to make - cooked cauli and a white sauce, brown it in the oven. I'm not sure how you make a thick enough white sauce without flour, though, but I'd be tempted to try cream and mustard and a little grated cheese on top - might be a bit runny! I reckon Jim will have the answer!

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Bit late to respond to this, but yes, make your own, and as above, yes, cream, mustard and grated cheese on top. I like to hard boil an egg and crumble the yolk on it as well.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.