Cauliflower pizza base

TinaLouise

Cauliflower Crust Pizza.....you won't believe it!

Cauliflower Crust Pizza....slices up beautifully.

Makes one 9-10" pizza
Inspired recipe from Your Lighter Side

Ingredients for crust
1/2 head of a large cauliflower (this will shrink to about 2+ cups after cooked)
1 large egg
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese

Pizza Toppings

Pizza sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese, or cheeses of your choice
Favorite pizza toppings

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Break the cauliflower into floret's and use a food processor or cheese grater to shred the cauliflower into little bits. It takes about 10-12 pulses in the food processor to get the right consistency, being careful not to over process and make a puree. Transfer to a large bowl and cook in the microwave, uncovered, for 8 minutes on high heat. It is not necessary to add water, the cauliflower will steam on it's own.
Let the cauliflower cool slightly and mix in all remaining crust ingredients. Spray a pizza pan or sheet pan with non-stick spray liberally and spread out the mixture. Go for a pretty thin pizza, this will ensure crispiness. Spray the top lightly with cooking spray.
Place the crust in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. It will get crispy and dark in many areas. Important tip: before you top the crust with toppings, be sure to take a large spatula and very gently loosen the bottom of the crust from the pan. This will prevent it from sticking as you cook it further.
Top the crust with your favorite toppings and bake until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes, and turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp the top to your liking.

Pulse until little pebbles of cauliflower form. Than cook in the microwave.

Mix all ingredients together.

The consistency is easy to shape into a pizza.

The bottom crust crisps up nicely and holds the pizza together. Spread the pizza thin or you will be eating it with a fork.

Add a little sauce!

Add your favorite toppings. I used mozzarella but sometimes I mix cheeses together.

Onion Pizza with Cauliflower Crust ready for the oven.

Hot out of the oven. This is absolutely delicious!!!
This is so good reheated too!

Nutrition Info (per 4 slices)
[assuming each pizza is sliced into 6pces]
------------------------------
Calories 233
Total Fat 15g
Sodium 420mg
Total Carbs 9.5g
Dietary Fiber 3.2g
Nett carbs. 6.3g
Protein 17g

I actually doubled the mix, and made 4 pizzas. One for dinner & three to freeze!

I found it better to use a 2nd sheet if baking paper on a plate and flip it over and cook for another 10mins before using as a 'pizza base'... But it was really really good!

Back