Cauliflower Rice

Katerpillar

Losin the baby weight :-)
Hello all,

Just wanted to pop in to say that I made some cauliflower rice for the first time last night - and I was over the moon with the results!!

I had heard about it ages ago, but put off trying it as thought it sounded rotten t be honest! Anyway, I thought I'd give it a go last night and was very impressed :D

It is basically just a head of cauliflower blended in a food processor and then placed in a covered microwave dish and zapped for 3-4 minutes (don't add any water)

The consistency is more like couscous to be honest, but I may have just blended mine a bit too much!

I had it with bolognese and it was delightful! It doesn't taste of much but bulked the meal out perfectly without the need for carbs.

I am not sure if this is classed as amending the purpose of a food or whatever, just thought I'd share in case anyone ever fancied it.

rice.jpg rice 2.jpg

Enjoy!!

Sorry - posted this in the wrong sub-section and not sure how to delete it :eek:

This is brilliant on a red day. I also have it on a green day instead of rice when I have had rice with lunch.

If you put the cauliflower in the food processor after it has been cooked and whiz it up it up a little with a small amount of milk then it can be used instead of mashed potato on red days. If I have not used up my cheese HEX A I put that in it - usually Philly.

Does it still taste like cauliflower? Hoping not, cause then can get my hubby to eat it (will pretend its something else) x

Well tried it - ok as rice but when i mixed in ikkle bit of milk & 25g philly (1.5 syns) - Oh my word!!!! Absolutely gorgeous.
Gonna def be a fave on red days now! x

No just whacked it straight in the microwave :D:D

I break them up before I blend them as otherwise my blender gets stuck...then between 3 & 4 minutes in the microwave-only has to heat it through x

Back