Cauliflower 'Rice'

Katerpillar

Losin the baby weight :-)
Hello all,

Just wanted to pop in to say that I made some cauliflower rice for the first time last night - and I was over the moon with the results!!

I had heard about it ages ago, but put off trying it as thought it sounded rotten t be honest! Anyway, I thought I'd give it a go last night and was very impressed :D

It is basically just a head of cauliflower blended in a food processor and then placed in a covered microwave dish and zapped for 3-4 minutes (don't add any water)

The consistency is more like couscous to be honest, but I may have just blended mine a bit too much!

I had it with bolognese and it was delightful! It doesn't taste of much but bulked the meal out perfectly without the need for carbs.

I am not sure if this is classed as amending the purpose of a food or whatever, just thought I'd share in case anyone ever fancied it.

rice.jpg rice 2.jpghttp://www.minimins.com/attachments.../23873d1326362513-cauliflower-rice-rice-2.jpg

Enjoy!!

Looks good will have to give it a try. I love cauliflower and usually do a Collie mash instead of mash potatoes and you can add cheese and chives to add a bit more flavour, or will add it to smash mash to lessen the carbs.

Mmm Ive heard of this, might havw to give it a go with my chicken curry later in the week, cheers :)

that is so unbelievably weird but i am going to have to try it. Esp if it helps reduce my rice intake as im not that keen on the stuff anyways xx

Back