CD and Exercise

AmaD

Heyy all

I wanted to post a new group dedicated to exercise on the Cambridge diet as I am struggling on what to do and thought it would be good to share techniques and progress with each other and also realise its key for the future and being able to maintain.

I have been on CD since September 2014 where i weighed 17 stone and 3 pounds and so far have lost 5 stone which personally I never thought I could do and shows how amazing this diet is, as i went from a girl who lacked confidence, never left the house and basically hid away, to someone who has grown so much and no longer feels trapped by what I presumed people thought of me. I still have 3 to 4 stone to lose and have recently joined a gym which I have actually been attending, i also have a 10k to run in May so will also be training for that as well. I carry a lot of weight around my stomach area and would love to work on losing that so any tips, techniques or information at all would be very much appreciated. What types of exercise are people doing on CD?

Hopefully this will be useful for many and please get involved and share!!!

what plan are you doing? If SS or SS+ I'm pretty sure it's gentle exercise only and if you want to do a lot of exercise you need to move up. Gentle walking for me only until I lose the bulk. Just be careful what you're doing, I don't want to rain on your parade, you've lost so much weight you must feel amazing and rightly so, just be careful not to overdo it xxx

Hi scooterchick, I am on SS and totally get what you mean I tend to walk a bit already as i have a dog but thought it would be good to try and slowly increase my exercise as well but do need to be careful, i think i will be moving up to step 2 at the end of feb when i hopefully start my 10k training properly but thanks i think i can easily get caught up in wanting to lose as much weight as possible that i can forget i am on a very low cal diet and could overdo it.

It is easy done, I tend to get a kind of ketogenic 'high' and think I'm invincible! Waiting til you up the step to up your exercise is very sensible xx

I would suggest swimming or water aerobics something non impact when your nearer goal then you can start running etc but in my opinion the stress you are putting on your joints when you run you are probably doing more harm than good. Sorry I am not saying anything to offend or upset xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yes will deffo wait and not at all Melinwelin i appreciate any advice its all useful for me so thank you!

Hi AmaD
Hi everyone

I am on step 3 as I do a lot of exercise. (I actually enjoy it! Still weird saying that!) I want to keep toned as I loose weight and also get used to a more active lifestyle.

If I stick to step 3 properly then I loose 3lb a week. '(Am currently 16st 12 - 5st overweight)

I do gym workouts swimming and exercise classes as and when I can fit my health club trips in. I like to mix it up and not always do the same thing.

I def need to be on step 3 for the amount and intensity I put into my work outs and usually have a good breakfast of porridge and/or banana and/or shake before i go. (Dep on time of day) if I don't do this I find myself lacking in energy early on in my workout which becomes frustrating.

Hope this has helped and it's great to have an exercise thread on here.

I write my workouts in my Minimins diary as well to keep track so by all means pop over and say hi. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back