CD Porridge - Cooking

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by CW Consultant, 5 September 2008 Social URL.

1. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

The porridge should be made following the instructions on the pack.

If you do not have a microwave, you cannot cook in a saucepan unless it is in a bowl cooked in a saucepan of water. Otherwise the direct heat will affect the nutrition.

Also you must use the correct amount of water in the microwave and not reduce down at all.

The analogy given is if you cook corn with water in a microwave it remains corn if you cook with no water or not enough water it becomes popcorn and the structure is changed. Drinking extra water WILL NOT compensate.

The same applies in a way to all CD packs - no pack can be put in a microwave for more than 15 secs without destroying the composition or nutritional balance. In the past it was said one would be okay, however, this has now been retracted after further research.

15min rule porridge - if you leave longer than 15mins it will solidify and become hard.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judders74

judders74 Full Member

Thanks for clarifying this - I'm off to my CDCs house in an hour. Going to get some porridge!

Judders

4. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

How do you cook the porridge if you can't put it in the microwave for more than 15 secs?

5. CW Consultant

The porridge you can cook in microwave for 1 minute its the other packs you cannot put in the microwave for more than 15 seconds.

So you would not be able to mix half pack of say Toffee and Walnut, or banana with the porridge as half would be destroyed nutritionally.

6. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Using more than the recommended amount of water if the consistency is too thick for someone's personal taste is OK though isn't it Linda?

7. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    In some microwaves 1 minute is too long. Mine is an 850W microwave & 1 minute was far too long. I had to try another pack at 30 secs & then check it & add 5 secs until it was ok.

Does it have to be cooked for 1 minute???

8. CW Consultant

A little more water will not hurt, or if you have milk allowance you could add once cooked to cool it down.

In more powerful microwaves less cooking time is required.

9. tracy2421

tracy2421 Full Member

wots this porridge, have i missed something, didnt see cdc last week, as something new come out,

10. CW Consultant

The porridge was available from this Monday. It can replace one or all of your CD packs.

11. tracy2421

tracy2421 Full Member

fank you, go sun will try some,

12. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Ooops - that's what I did earlier today! :eek:

If I mixed shake with water into a paste and added it to the porridge after it had been zapped in the m/wave that would be ok??

13. CW Consultant

Can't see why not - I have asked for the new do not cook CD packs to be sent to all CDC's. They teach it at training now, however, there are many out there who do not know.

14. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Yes I didn't know ... not that I'm an advocate of making things - could never make the crisps and the muffins were toooooo small!!!! So don't tend to tell my clients about it. The nearest I get is to occasionally freeze a tetra.

15. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    thats good to hear Linda, as my CDC and his wife live on CD crisps!!! lol. Fortunately the novelty of cooking packs wore off for me after about 5 minutes :)

16. CW Consultant

Tried the muffins and crisps just the once a few years ago as I thought better see what all the fuss was about. I just found both sooooooooo salty and really not to my taste. Much prefer a milkshake of soup.

17. spooky

spooky Banned

The nearest I got to cooking packs was using hot water on choc mint milkshake! :D

Have not tried the porridge yet, I like Porridge but I just don't fancy it at the moment, probably because of my pregnancy. I have handed out packs to my clients and have already had some lovely positive feedback! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.