CD & Ramadan

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has tried to do CD during the month of ramadan and how they found it? :confused:

I tried to do SS in ramadan last year but always ended up feeling unwell :( because i couldnt drink any water during daylight hours.

So i was thinking of doing either 810cals, 1000cals or 1200cals when i get to september (when ramadan begins) :). I had originally planned on being on 1200 cals :) but i was thinking maybe i would be able to get through the month on 810cals or 1000cals??

The only thing i am worried about is the water. I think i could manage 1.5 litres in the morning befofre sunlight and 1.5 litres in the evening after sunset :), although i will be up most of the night going to the loo :rolleyes:.

So does anyone have any experiences of doing these steps on CD whilst fasting during ramadan, what were your losses and how did you cope? :confused:

I would appreciate any advice and help :).

Thank you xx :)

p.s for those who dont know, Ramadan is a religious month of fasting where you cannot eat or drink during daylight hours. I think it begins on the 1st September this year.

Gosh thats an interesting one!!!!! You will be up all day fasting then up all night weeing!!!!!! Suppose you could have a jug by the bed then everytimr you get up to go to the loo, you could refill........CD is hard enough but you will be a star if you do it during Ramadan!!!!
:eek:

This may help its from the Pink site.

I am a Muslim; how can I continue with the ‘Sole Source’ programme during Ramadan?

Ramadan occurs in the ninth month of the Muslim year. During daylight hours, rigid fasting is observed which means that Cambridge Diet and water will need to be consumed before sunrise and after sundown. During the time available, intake should be spread out as evenly as possible and might necessitate rising a bit earlier. It is not advisable to take more than one diet at a time as the increased carbohydrate intake may take the customer out of ketosis, making it even more difficult for them to stay motivated and stick with the programme.​

Hope you find your way through Ramadam, well done for even thinking about it.lol

Gosh thats an interesting one!!!!! You will be up all day fasting then up all night weeing!!!!!! Suppose you could have a jug by the bed then everytimr you get up to go to the loo, you could refill........CD is hard enough but you will be a star if you do it during Ramadan!!!!
:eek:

Hi thanks for your reply :). Ramadan will be difficult this year because its begining in september and so the days will be longer :(. I think we will be fasting between 5amish - 8pmish :eek:.

Ususally its not too difficult because we have a nice meal before sunrise and then at sunset we tend to eat a lot of filling fried foods :D. So whatever CD step i decide to do i will have to resist the yummy food that will be in the house all month :(.

I am thinking of doing the 1000cals step and maybe trying to drink the minimum requirement of water for CD which is about 5 pints i think. If i can lose a minimum of 2lbs a week during the month, i will be so happy :D

xx

This may help its from the Pink site.

I am a Muslim; how can I continue with the ‘Sole Source’ programme during Ramadan?​

Ramadan occurs in the ninth month of the Muslim year. During daylight hours, rigid fasting is observed which means that Cambridge Diet and water will need to be consumed before sunrise and after sundown. During the time available, intake should be spread out as evenly as possible and might necessitate rising a bit earlier. It is not advisable to take more than one diet at a time as the increased carbohydrate intake may take the customer out of ketosis, making it even more difficult for them to stay motivated and stick with the programme.​

Thank you for the information hun.

I think i will try to wake up about an hour early and have the large meal for the 1000cals step + the breakfast option (to give me enough energy to get me through the day) + 1.5 litres of water. Then i think i will have the smallest meal +1 CD meal + 1 litre when i open the fast and then have the 2nd CD meal a few hours later as a snack with some more water.

I am going to write down all my options and try my best to stick with it.

I really appreciate all your support and help :) xx

I tried to sole source through Ramadaan last year but gave up after 2 weeks. I eneded up binging instead of trying a higher plan. I have recently restarted cambridge and have every intention to get to goal this time. My plan is to start moving up the plans in august. I hope to be on 1000 cals by 1st sept. I'll stay on that for two weeks then do 1200 for two weeks. I know i'll eat what I want on Eid but hope to be at goal by then.

I think you could definitely lose 2 lbs a week during Ramadaan.

A friend of mine from the pink site was doing ss during ramadan last year, send her a pm thru the pink site i'm sure she will be able to share some tips...her name is newcomer 78, shes lovely...:D

I hope to be on 1000 cals by 1st sept. I'll stay on that for two weeks then do 1200 for two weeks. I know i'll eat what I want on Eid but hope to be at goal by then.

I think i will try that too but if i can get through the whole month on 1000cals than that'll be great. I'm thinking it should be ok because it'll be pretty late when we break the fast and by the time i've prayed it'll be time for bed. But i might go back down the plans to 810cals after ramadan until i reach goal.

I havent decided what i am doing on Eid yet. I think i will maybe try to stick to brown rice or maybe roast chicken, yummy, lol. Then back on CD the next day. But i will try to stick to the 1000cals portions.

I know i wont be able to do SS during ramadan because it'll be torture not being able to drink water during the day.

You'll have to let us know how you get on. Thanks for the support :) xx

A friend of mine from the pink site was doing ss during ramadan last year, send her a pm thru the pink site i'm sure she will be able to share some tips...her name is newcomer 78, shes lovely...:D

Aww, thanks for the tip hun. I'll look into it. xx :)

Have you thought about becoming Nocturnal for the month of Ramadam??? lol

wats nocturnal

thanx i now that i sound really stupid in asking that.

its going to be really hard in ramadan
so i might just leave the diet for that month but eat healthy

i wont be able to stay awake during the night cas of my 10tmonth old

ive never even known what ramadan was about until i read this post lol i couldnt do it on a normal diet so you would have to be very brave to do it on CD, well done!

I tried to do 810 in Ramadhan last year, it was really hard, than i also started to binge.... this time i am also hoping to take the 1200 route... I'm currently doing 810, hoping to go up the plans in August and just maintain in Ramadhan! Inshallah I can do it this time round x

Have you thought about becoming Nocturnal for the month of Ramadam??? lol

I wish i could but theres a lot of praying to be done during the day and evening and although its a tough month its really spiritual and peaceful. Plus we spend more time together as a family and i love that. I am really looking forward to it, just worried that the fasting will be a bit tough this year.

I always end up taking naps throughout the day tho, lol.

Frags- I guess you've learnt something new today, lol. Ramadan has a religious history behind it which is really interesting and gives the month meaning. You could always google it if you want to learn more :)

Loselose - i'll be about on here during ramadan if you need any extra support. You can pm me if you want a msn buddy :)

xx

I tried to do 810 in Ramadhan last year, it was really hard, than i also started to binge.... this time i am also hoping to take the 1200 route... I'm currently doing 810, hoping to go up the plans in August and just maintain in Ramadhan! Inshallah I can do it this time round x

Inshallah, you will do really well. As long as you stick to the guidleines for the plan that you're on, you'll have no probs. But i know how difficult it can be because everyday the family opens the fast with gorjus food, whether its kebabs, somosas, brown rice, roast chicken, pakoras, mmmm, best shut up now, i'm gettin very hungry.

I think you will be able to maintain well as long as you are strict with yourself and go to bed after Esha prayer and Thravee prayers. Thats what i intend to do.

Pm me if you need a buddy to get you through the month. I would be happy to try my best to support you :) xx

sharing concerns :confused:

Back