cd to ww week1

kikuka

Tequila makes miaow happy
Hi all.
Well, i restarted cd in january and gave up again last week - I managed to get all me Xmas and holiday weight off with CD but it was a constant battle, and after discussion with my OH decided that so long on cd was making my mental health suffer - so here I am on WW for a stone (maybe more when get there, we will see)
After coming straight from cd to ww I expected to put weight on due to the carbs going back up - which i did, but only 2Lb which i was pleased with. That was last thursday, and so far I have stayed the same which i am also pleased with as i expected to gain a bit more as my body adjusted. i will weigh in again on Thursday this week, and you never know, I may actually lose something! i am loving the food and the freedom, and I really hope i can get the last bit off this way. i am well prepared - have menus written up until the end of the week, and I am back at the gym with a vengence (really enjoying it, never realised how much fitter i am now I am lighter - I have started running) (no i cant beleive i run of my own accord either i used to hide in the bush on cross country at school)

anyway, will keep you updated!

welcome aboard, am really happy to hear that the change over going so smoothly for you.
am thinking of trying a bit of running myself, but its staying as a thought for now!!

welcome hun.

i was on cd last year and moved onto ww and lost my last st.xx

good luck hun.x

Hi all.
Well, i restarted cd in january and gave up again last week - I managed to get all me Xmas and holiday weight off with CD but it was a constant battle, and after discussion with my OH decided that so long on cd was making my mental health suffer - so here I am on WW for a stone (maybe more when get there, we will see)
After coming straight from cd to ww I expected to put weight on due to the carbs going back up - which i did, but only 2Lb which i was pleased with. That was last thursday, and so far I have stayed the same which i am also pleased with as i expected to gain a bit more as my body adjusted. i will weigh in again on Thursday this week, and you never know, I may actually lose something! i am loving the food and the freedom, and I really hope i can get the last bit off this way. i am well prepared - have menus written up until the end of the week, and I am back at the gym with a vengence (really enjoying it, never realised how much fitter i am now I am lighter - I have started running) (no i cant beleive i run of my own accord either i used to hide in the bush on cross country at school)

anyway, will keep you updated!

Hi

If you dont mind me asking, what made you make the decision to go to WW (if you dont want to answer that, dont worry) ? The reason I ask is because Im at a bit of a crossroads. I lost between 6 and 7 stones on The Cambridge Diet but had to stop due to money, this morning I weighed myself and I am 2.5 stone (!!!) heavier than my lightest on CD. Right now I have 3st 10 lbs to lose until Im at the goal I set myself a long time ago when I was on CD. The thing is, at the moment Im not sure if I want to go back onto CD or just do WW. I have to do something otherwise the way I am going Im just gonna go back up to what I was before I started CD. Trouble is I just cannot get out of my head that on WW Ill lose 2lbs if Im lucky per week, and Im not patient enough as that'll take me about 6 months to get to my goal, whereas with CD itll take about 3 months. Sorry for that rant, but Im very mixed up about what to do about this, what would you do in this position ?

Good luck. I can soooo relate to what you were saying about your state of mind if you stayed on CD. While it's a great way to lose the weight I found the constant on/off struggle to get back into it was really starting to get me down. I also need to get my final stone off and I think WW is the way to do it for me anyway. Enjoy the freedom to eat loads of yummy, healthy food! ;-)

Paul 1978

Hi paul1978

I agree about CD it is a fantastic plan and the best thing I ever did. i wanted to continue with it to get the last bit off quickly, but it was just no longer working for me. i was off/on all the time, I spent every waking moment trying not to cheat, or feeling bad when i did cheat. I had put my social life on hold for a year and was fed up with it. mentally, I was not in the right place anymore, I needed to celebrate my losses and prepare for lifetime maintenance by adopting new habits - felt that CD was actually making the binge/starve thing worse in the end. Please dont think I am dissing CD it is great - it was me that was not working. WW appealed because it helps you make choices - to eat healthy food, and if you dont, balance it our over the week. That I can live with. Hope that helps

Hi paul1978

I agree about CD it is a fantastic plan and the best thing I ever did. i wanted to continue with it to get the last bit off quickly, but it was just no longer working for me. i was off/on all the time, I spent every waking moment trying not to cheat, or feeling bad when i did cheat. I had put my social life on hold for a year and was fed up with it. mentally, I was not in the right place anymore, I needed to celebrate my losses and prepare for lifetime maintenance by adopting new habits - felt that CD was actually making the binge/starve thing worse in the end. Please dont think I am dissing CD it is great - it was me that was not working. WW appealed because it helps you make choices - to eat healthy food, and if you dont, balance it our over the week. That I can live with. Hope that helps

I couldn't agree with you more!! I think i was really messing with my body by all the binge starve routines i was doing whilst trying to get back on track with CD. I think it's just a matter of getting your head around the fact that the weight will come off but just a tad slower - much better than throwing the towel in and gaining it all after all your hard work. WW is a great plan and you can eat loads of delicious, healthy food in good substantial portions. I'm also not dissing CD as it took that plan to make me realise where i was going wrong and thanks to it i have 3 stone off but enough is enough!

Good luck with your journey:)

Jackie

Hi everyone. I am two weeks in and have stayed the same but I am not too dissapointed, I thought it would take a while to adjust and i have made some mistakes with calculating points wrongly. This week i have been much better, and i am saving points for a weekend away, which it looks as though i am going to manage with what i have set aside each day. i will be supremely happy with a pound a week, as I can see myself sustaining this way of eating long term. If anyone has any experience of a swap over like this, how long did it take you to get into the swing of regular losses? How oftern should I weigh in?

Kikuka-

hiya! welcome to the board and welldone on your loss so far!
Im actually new hear myself and came from doing the Atkins diet!
Ive been moaning aswell about the lack of weight loss but the people here are really friendly and welcoming and ready to respond to questions!! (dont let me down girls!)

I havent actually lost any weight either yet but speaking with people here and the nurse i was told it can take a lil while for body to adgust so stick with it and u will see the diff soon!!

leme see what else i can remember:
eat ur points
drink lots of water
exercise
bring carbs in slowly (if u need to)
portion control
be happy - as u can eat cake if u want to!!! tehehe

s x

Back