CDC please

SharonJayne1970

Silver Member
I have fractured a bone in my foot. At least the doctor thinks I have it was a little difficult to tell from the xray. Anyway its in plaster and I have to go to fracture clinic on Tuesday. What I was wondering is what is the position re SS/SS+?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however, you will have to stop CD completely until the fracture has healed and you have had the all clear.

I have just had the same situation with a client.

Hi SharonJayne,
I would say as long as this doesn't involve having to have an operation of any kind, then it should be ok to continue.
xx

oops i stand corrected!

Accidents, injuries, surgery etc fall under the contradications sections. Depending of the individual case different advice may apply with a break or fracture this must heal before any programme is started or resumed.

Oh no... poor you. Fractured foot and CD off limits... big hugs, SharonJayne. Might just be worth asking your GP or the doc at the fracture clinic for the final word? But just wanted to say, so sorry.
xxx

please could someone tell my why you cant do cd if you have a fracture.

I'm not a CDC but I would assume it's because you need a lot of nutrients to mend bone, far more than you will be getting on a VLCD. Hence a break of any sort would heal very slowly or not heal properly.

Annie x

I'm not a CDC but I would assume it's because you need a lot of nutrients to mend bone, far more than you will be getting on a VLCD. Hence a break of any sort would heal very slowly or not heal properly.

Annie x

Spot on you need to eat more protein and nutrients to aid healing there is not enough in the packs to enable this to happen.

Back