CDCs- Can you drink Marigold?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by broxi, 3 June 2009 Social URL.

1. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm on SS and just bought the veg flavouring from CD but it is £6.60. I use Marigold Bouillion normally but people are saying you can use this on SS. It's so much cheaper. Do you know if this would affect weight loss?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Hi Broxi

Not a CDC but the official answer is no to the marigold...however many people use the low salt marigold instead of the cd veg drink.

Personally I think its main impact is a head thing - when I did SS I wanted to be confident that I had gone "by the book" otherwise the minute you let that focus slip it can escalate to other things if that makes sense. You're only allowed 1tsp of drink a day so if it costs you say an extra tenner over the course of the next few weeks it's not that high a price to stay in "the zone".

HTH :)

Serena

4. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Serena, how do you know about the one spoonfl a day - nobody told me that. I was planning on drinking loads of the stuff!

5. Foosey

Foosey Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(7.12%)
    Diet:
    CD ss
    Hi,
    I have used Marigold bullion since day 1. I don't use it everyday and when I do I don't use more than 1 teaspoon a day. I mentioned it to my CDC and she said it was fine.I use the regular one not the low salt one.
    Just my own opinion on it. I am sure there will be some for and other against.
    Hope this helps you a little bit

Good luck xxx

6. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Hi

It's here:
    http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...-water-flavourings-mousse-mix-quantities.html

My own CDC told me that too. For the veg flavour each 250ml serving contains just under 12cals and 1.6gr carbs - times that by say 3 a day 7 days a week and it all adds up!

7. soon2bslimmer

soon2bslimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Funny this, my CDC wasn't aware of this either. I'd read it on here somewhere and taught my CDC something ;). BTW I have a tub of the Marigold and use it occasionally. Did use the CD bouillon first, but was very pricey in comparison :eek:. Wish there was a cheaper Mix-a-Mousse alternative... :)

Soon2bslimmer x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.