Celebrating!!!

MysticMagic

I know I only come here infrequently, however I wanted to share something with you.

In October last year, I came off plan weighing 10st 2lb. I came back in March determined to get back on the wagon and started off well again. Then, over easter, I moved house and things went a bit off track again.

A few weeks ago, I suddenly realised that I only had a just over 2 months until the whole reason I started this diet. I large family "do" where I'm the hostess!

So I got back on the saddle once again and decided that this time, I'm going to do it!

Anyway, as of this morning, I was back to 10st 2lb again. I'm back on track and feeling great and I wanted to share :D

I'll be hanging around here more if that's ok :)

Thanks all x

Hi - how much more do you want to lose? (I'm n the app so I can't see any of your details...)

well done you have both done fantastic.. i am starting slim and save tomorrow and really want to do it as i have got a holiday in aug to look forward to,,, once we get to our goal weight is it easy to keep the weight off? i am thinking maybe once nearly at goal to swap and maybe do slimming world or something so stll healthy

Everyone has different plans for when at goal. Personally I intend to refeed very slowly (at least 8 weeks) and then keep an eye on things through My Fitness Pal. A number of people mention going to Slimming World or something at the end but I just don't get it - you won't be looking to lose weight so why go on a diet? I want to learn to think like a slim person if at all possible and have been working on changing my relationship with food.

i just not sure what the end hold for me as i have heard so many people say as soon as you come off the shakes you will pile the weight back on i am worried that all my heard work will be gone,, my 1st thoughts were to lose weight with slim and svae then when i am at a goal i want then turn to just looking at my meals and learn to eat less work out and healthy eat but then come along people with horror stories

Hi all! Congrats MM you've done brill. Hi lfc i am also starting tomorrow! I did cambridge 2 & half yrs ago & lost 3 stone. I kept the majority off until the last 6 mths as i fell in love & i let myself slip out the mindset that worked well for me on CWP & stayed with me after. So looking forward to s&s.
Good luck all

?

I've got 16lb left to go :)

I'm also going to eat Slimming world way after. Slimming world isn't so much a diet but a healthy way of eating, so it helps keep things stable. You do expect to gain a little, but so long as you refeed properly, there's no reason you can't keep it off :)

I cant be trusted on sw!! I love the carbs & lose portion control!! :)

Yeah, me too - I'll be doing red days Monday - Friday and pretty much what I want at weekends ;)

I don't know much about Slimming World - perhaps I'll have a look.

As with any diet if you eat in the same way at the end as you did in the beginning then you will put the weight back on. There is nothing different about VLCDs. As long as you get enough protein (which you will if you follow SnS plan properly) then you metabolism will only decease as much as it would if you lost the same amount of weight on any other diet (which is because you are not carrying as much weight at the end as you were at the start). For me I think the slow refeed is essential - I want to understand how I react to different foods and whether there are any that I should avoid forever...

Back