Celebration / Gala Meals

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I'm a long way off from Conso yet, and reading lots of you saying about Celebration / Gala meals I wondered, what do you have?

So far I've had:

Potted shrimps on an oatcake followed by scampi and chips (oven)

And

A Thai skewer starter (with a satay sauce)- chicken something! Followed by beef and beg in a sauce (unsure) and fried rice (think there was coconut in it) with copious amounts of wine/shots/vodka

Planning next week as food with friends, belated birthday cake and more
Vodka...

Hmmm potted shrimps, that sounds very nice.
Interesting to see what other people are having. Keep em coming LOL

I had a homemade curry for my first gala meal. It was delicious!!! :)

This week I have a black tie dinner on Saturday, so that will be my gala meal. Can't remember the actual menu, need to check the invite!

If I'm going out for a restaurant meal, I can choose from the menu without fretting over the details. I found my eye was automatically drawn to the 'healthier' choices anyway. At home I have a normal healthy meal. with Peas. Or sausages. Or anything else I've not had for a while. Roast chicken *with* skin... and Roast potatoes. And some nice dessert. Apple & Blackberry crumble is in season at the moment. Being able to join in 100% with the rest of the family makes all the difference.

Oooo Anya congrats on two years, well done.

Thanks for all lovely ideas folks, any more LOL

Anya :) Happy 2 Year anniversary for yesterday!! :) x

THANKS - well spotted - except I'm OVER at the moment.... ;-)

DD2's birthday party coming up, I think I'll need to stop cruising (it's working but I'm only weighing once a week or less) for a few days week and do conso-style damage limitation!.

If eating out i tend to still go for a healthier option... at home i made home made pizza with a wholemeal base & low fat cheese lol

Wish I could honestly say I have been drawn to the healthy options - I have enjoyed whatever I wanted usually prawns to start, steak and chips with sauce for main and a sticky dessert!!!! Don't automatically look for the worst thing - just whatever I fancy!!!! LOL!

trudyc said:
Wish I could honestly say I have been drawn to the healthy options - I have enjoyed whatever I wanted usually prawns to start, steak and chips with sauce for main and a sticky dessert!!!! Don't automatically look for the worst thing - just whatever I fancy!!!! LOL!

Im not at conso yet but im with you Trudy.....thats my automatic choice of food.....very predictable i am....or boring lol

Hmmm trudy, so yum. Steak, Chips and Salad with mushrooms done in butter are my all time fave meal. For my birthday I cheated with having homegrown jacket spuds (instead of chips) and steak salad....but no mushrooms :(

Thanks for all these ideas, really appreciate it.

Trudy, Sid I agree! Before dukan steak and chips with peppercorn sauce would have been my automatic celebration meal but I've had so much steak on dukan I know it will be my meal next week!!

Can't say i agree -before dukan i was either dieting 100% or bingeing 100% there was no happy medium and i know if i allowed myself a gala meal out it would be the most fattening things i would fill my plate with even after a year of not having them! The food demon is still lurking just below the surface i know and im scared to unleash it.!! wish i could say the same as you guys that i would choose the healthy options but i know i wouldn't!

I have my first celebration meal on Tuesday. I'm away visiting family and we're going out for an Indian. I'm a bit scared but I don't now quite what I'm scared of... I now I'll stick to the rules around portions and I'm happy to chose whatever it is I most fancy without worrying about whether or not it's healthy (that isn't the idea of the celebration meal - the phsychological impact of being able to choose anything is important).

So why am I scared? I'm not sure. I guess I don't want to go back to the way I used to eat and this verges on it. I need to mull on this a bit I think...

Back