Celebrity Slim Vs Atkins??

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by curvy0girl, 25 April 2009 Social URL.

1. curvy0girl

curvy0girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.82%)
    Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    Hey everyone hope you dont mind but I had a few Atkins related questions and hoped you might be able to help :)

I started celebrity slim last week and I am srtuggling to get my head round what to have for my main meal (for those of you that dont know on CS you have a shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and a 'balanced' main meal) As it is in principle a low carb diet all the advice is to have a main meal that is pretty much carb free, however it appears to be different from atkins in that it doesnt advocate things like butter, cream, skin on meat etc...

For any of you that are familiar with both diets would I be able to follow the principles of atkins for my main meal whilst having the CS shakes for breakfast and lunch? or would this not work? If not I'm wondering if its worth abandoning CS altogether and swithing to atkins because at the mo I feel like I'm doing the hard bit of atkins (low/no carbs) without the good bit (more fat allowance!)

I'm basicaly a little confused and looking for a bit of advice :confused:

Thanks guys x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi curvy, there are people on here mixing CD and Atkins, They seem to be doing fine, but I'll leave it to them to respond in more detail. I don't know how CS works so I can't help there really.

4. Sarah_P

Sarah_P Happy to be slim at last

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Hi Curvy, I don't know how CS works either, but I am guessing it's much the same as the Exante Working Solution, which has shakes and a low carb meal. But, I don't have the fats allowed on Atkins either. The thing with the meal replacement plans is that they still work on being low cal. If you add in the fats allowed on Atkins, you might as well go fully Atkins and you will significantly reduce your carbs this way, thereby being allowed the fats. If you stay on CS, then you are having much higher levels of carbs than true Atkins and therefore you need to be low cal.

I hope that makes sense?

5. curvy0girl

curvy0girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.82%)
    Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    Thanks for the replys guys :)

Sarah that does make sense thankyou, I thought that so wanted to check before messing up my diet! hmm cant decide whether to switch or stay now....!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.