celeriac carbs

maz71

am a little confused on this one !!!
i bough some fresh celeriac and on the cellophene it said it was only 2.3 carbs per 100g raw...but online it is between 5 and 9 carbs per 100gram on the uk carb counters which is quite a difference.
i noticed this about mushrooms to...2.4 carbs online per 100g and mine are only 0.4 per 100g on the label...quite a difference in carbs again !!!!
help :confused:

Go with the labels hun.. thats refering to the actual product... some of the ones online can refer to American carbs which then need fibre deducting but in this country the net carbs are the ones on the labels. xx

am a little confused on this one !!!
i bough some fresh celeriac and on the cellophene it said it was only 2.3 carbs per 100g raw...but online it is between 5 and 9 carbs per 100gram on the uk carb counters which is quite a difference.
i noticed this about mushrooms to...2.4 carbs online per 100g and mine are only 0.4 per 100g on the label...quite a difference in carbs again !!!!
help :confused:

I would go with whats on the package, i have some to try and have no information on will look online and use the data there

Hmm, you're right Maz, online it's 9.2 per 100g but on the packet is different, I'd go with the packaging myself, it's the Law isn't it. :)

Interestingly in the original '72 version of the book, Mushrooms were a free fodd, i.e. no carbs to count. I never counted them.

i know jim...its a big difference isnt it, i seem to be getting alot more veggies to eat if i weigh them by uk standard than i was from using the set of measuring cups i bought from tesco
thats why i wondered if the carb amount changes when fried !!!!

So does that mean I can eat loads of mushrooms Jim? ;)

Most things change when cooked Maz, again I always used the raw measurement myself.

Well yes caz, technically I suppose. I de eat a lot of them.

Oh goody, I adore mushrooms :D

mmmmm, so do I love, I love them fried.

I sometimes buy those really huge ones, take the stalk out, place them on the grill for 5 minutes blind side down (stalk side)

take them off and then fill the mushroom with bacon lardons and hard cheese, put them back on the grill long enough for the cheese and bacon to be cooked and then eat. I also use Worcester or Tabasco, to season them. Yum Yum

mmm Jim.
I stuff mine with philly and crispy bacon

Oh there's two new ideas to try, thanks! I've only ever done them stuffed with garlic butter and cheese ;)

mmm garlic butter :D

Kerrygold do little ready made packets of garlic butter - they come in packs of four and they are really good :D

ooh ive never seen them. which shop? and just with the butter?

Nor have I Caz, sounds good to me, yes where from please. :)

Back