CHALLENGE!!! Calorie counting and 30 day shred!

kookoo

Hi,

Anyone fancy the 30day shred challenge? I've ordered the DVD and the estimated delivery date is 5th-7th of August! (Actually I ordered 'The Collection, which includes '6 week 6 pack' and some other DVD's which I thought I MIGHT try after)

I've lost around 9lbs :eek: by sort of dieting in the last year-intermitant dieting is an understatement! However, I'm now determined to get to 9 stone-which is 9lbs, of double chin, stomach and back fat, away (I'm an apple!). I don't do any excercise :mad: and get out of breath walking up a slight hill and I'm only 33!

I plan to use the 30 day shred as a kick up the butt to start excercising as I need fast results for motivation-and then find regular excercise I can do! Mostly my weight is hovering between 9st 6lb and 9st 9lb. It seems most people lose 4-6 lbs on the 30 day shred, but way more inches as muscle weighs more than fat!

So................ my plan is to start doing a 1200 calorie diet with the 30 day shred. I'll do an 800cal diet while I'm waiting for the DVD's to arrive-but don't think it would be sensible to consume so few calories with what the DVD has in store!!
Anyone else want to join the 30 day shred challenge? Can't wait to get started-but can't do it alone ......:rolleyes:

KooKoo

Can I join the challenge without the shred part? I need some motivation!

Calorie intake is at 1200 with 30min of walking (on average) everyday

Can I join the challenge without the shred part? I need some motivation!

Calorie intake is at 1200 with 30min of walking (on average) everyday

Absolutely! Anyone we can share our dietary and excercise misery with, will help! 30 days of commitment! I'll start friday with the calories even if my DVD hasn't arrived! I suggest we update daily-good and bad stuff to keep each other motivated and help on bad day!

Sounds like a great plan :)

So Friday is day 1!!

i think I need someone to keep me motivated throughout the month, I've lost 16lb so far but losing momentum.

x

So day one it is!! I'll be tracking on MFP and working 10-20.00 today- so lunch and dinner at work! Completely forgot to go shopping yesterday, so I'm thinking I might try a day of the 5:2 diet to kick off as all I have suitable to take to work is soup, crackers, jelly and snack a jacks! My friends have has great results with this diet!

Lexi30 16lbs is amazing! Just remember why you're doing it! Food tastes great, and the odd slip here and there is to be expected- I'll be having them too! But as nice as food it- it's a better feeling when you put on your jeans and they're not digging in- or you don't have to keep readjusting your top or dress to hide the bulge and you can go shopping and buy clothes in any fabric because the bulges are gone!

I'm going to weigh and measure now- had 2 days of eating with my family and the OH's family- many biscuits, bacon sarnies and some ice cream- so have probably added a few lbs before I've even started- should scare me into action though- watch this space and have a great first day- looking forward to hearing about your successful day 1 later!! Xxx

Bust 30.5
Natural waist 29
Pot belly 37 god I hate that bit!!!
Hips 37
Bum 39.1
Thigh 21
Arm 11.5
Weight....9st 10lb 4oz..a pound on already then :( EEEKK definitively a 5:2 day today then!!
Good luck! X

So, not the best start with a visit to the vets for a vomiting dog and not much sleep!! But I will b strong.

I am off work today so as my excerise I have done 60 mins cleaning instead of the daily walk. I should b going shopping this eve.

let me know how the day goes xx

Hey Lexi,

Hope woof is feeling better- definitely not the best start to the day! But well done on the exercise, hope the food is going well!
I haven't done any today and my DVD still hasn't arrived- but I almost stuck to my calorie allowance (545 instead of 500). So a good diet day- but not a great exercise one! I do t actually feel hungry either!
I'm working 9-5 tomorrow- so lunch at work and dinner with the OH - that's where it always get dangerous as he's a chocoholic!
Xxx

Subscribing. I am calorie counting and exercising. I've got 20 days till holiday so am really trying hard at the moment. Good luck everyone!

Btw I did 30ds and made it to day 10. Currently doing zumba dvds and walking. Was thinking of doing squats to help tone as I'm a bit jelly like.

Hi Lisa, welcome,

Where are you off to on holiday? No greater need to get into shape than swimwear!!!
Is the 30day shred evil- hue come only day 10-eeeeekkk!
I'm working today with a colleague who has a Saturday McDonald's routine- eeek- desperately going to try another 500 cal day today- I know it will be reflected on my scales tomorrowif I stick to it!
Pesky DVD still hasn't arrived but level one is on YouTube- so will have to make do with that for Monday morning then!
Good luck today ladies

....nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!
Xx

Hi. We are off to Majorca. Can't wait!

I had a McDonalds yesterday . I had the grilled chicken salad. It was ok but I ordered nuggets too and still stayed under have a great day. X

A sunny holiday sounds fabulous- very jealous! I have no holidays booked this year :( but I am off to V festival on 17th August which I'm sure wont bode well for the diet- still, I shall do my best!
Well done on resisting McDonald's naughtiness!
I had a good day yesterday and managed to eat my soup as planned- bit did have a cider and a few biscuits- was bang on 1200 though, so a good day!
I think today will be a 1200 day too as the OH is a bad influence- ha ha!
5:2 diet only really works on a work day as I'm busy and take my own food!
Have a great day!
I'm considering you tubing 30 days shred today while the OH is out! We'll see- if I can find find some cans of beans as weights!
X

Ok, so I have just done day one of 30day shred and.... I did not die!! There were 2 periods of about 1 min each where I was so out of breath I thought I'd have to stop- but didn't! And a few points in the leg work where my legs were shaking so much I could barely do the last few moves in the set! But I did it!! Phew! 1 down 29 to go!

Hi Kookoo, I've got the Jillian Michaels collection dvd box set too and love it! I've done 30DS before and it's tough, but not so tough you can't do it. The banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones are also really good. I've not tried the ab one just yet - too scared!

I'm not really CC as such, just eating healthy, making sure I don't eat too much, doing an exercise dvd about 4 times a week and walking on the days inbetween.

Can't wait to see your progress! Xx

Well done for completing day 1. You did great. 20 mins isn't too bad is it? Tbh I found davina just as good as 30ds.
Have you heard of insanity? There is now a 20 minute workout for it.

Thanks guys, I certainly feel the effects this morning- bit of generalised muscle ache but have actual pain in my chest wall from doing the half push ups! Must be doing some good then!!
I bought the box set too and thought I'd do the 6 week 6 pack next If I ever finish this one! I heard about insanity the othet day- apparently its harder than 30DS, so maybe one to look at for the future? The OH is working a half day today so won't be doing day 2 until lunch time!
Managed to stay within my calories yesterday- thanks to the exercise or would have been over as whispa and a packet of squares fell into my mouth!
Have a great day all!! I'm going to weight in Sunday- but I might have a sneaky weigh when I'm home Wednesday morning?!
Xx

So the OH slept in- so I did D2 L1 while he was sleeping! Cardio was a little more bearable I think- was definitely less out of breath somehow, but the strength was just as hard and my whole rib cage- front and back- is killing me- despite paracetamol at 8am and ibuprofen at 9am! Press up related according to the OH!
Oh well..... No pain no gain! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1375695223.306714.jpg

Are you doing full on press ups or girly ones? I have to do them on my knees, cannot do a full push up to save my life! Try doing them against the wall too, it takes a bit of the strain off, but still works the muscles. Well done on getting day two under your belt.

Hi all,

Just done L1 D3-woop woop! Had to so it after work so came straight in and got on it! I think it really did seem a little easier! Ok, not easier- but a little more bearable certainly!!!
Which is good, because there was a birthday at work and..... I ate some cake and biscuits ! Ah well- I'll be very good tomorrow!!!
MrsCC, I'm doing the girly ones and they are a struggle- the hardest of all the exercises I think- but I will persist and maybe add some wall ones at the opposite end of the day that undo the work out? Might help as I'm determined to be able to do one sodding normal press up by the end of this 30 days!!!
How did everyone else get on today?
Xx

Back