Champix Nausea

hungary97

Has nayone had champix and had bad nausea. Been on it three days and feeling of nausea is cinstant.

Lst time i was on it the nausea was only when i had a cigerrette but this is all the time.

Dont know if it is anything to do with being on Xenical and meal replacement shakes? Any ideas help would be appreciated.

I was taking it. I was on it for about 6 weeks before the nausea became too much. For me, it just got worse and worse as the days went by and I stopped taking it when I actually vomitted because of it. I've been off it for about 5 days now and feel a lot better. The craving for a cigarette is back but I have so far resisted!

Hi all,

I was fortunate in that I didn't get any nausea, though like Najh I was told to take it on top of food, so not sure but maybe that prevented it. It has now been 14 and a half weeks since I had a ciggie, and 6 weeks since I stopped taking the Champix. I don't miss it at all and am so so so glad that I stopped.

Good luck!
Roxyx

Well done to all here,
I took champix in Dec and Jan of 2009 for two months, I was also told to take them with food,and I was lucky that I had no nausea, I quit smoking on Jan 1st 2009, and my husband quit in Feb of 2009. We are both still nicotine free and do not miss it at all. Stay strong everyone, it does get easier....

I tried these for 10 days before (they really work) but i found the nausea horrible i wouldnt even make it to the bus stop and i would be retching, so i decided i should start eating something before i took the tablet and wallah nausea went :rolleyes:
good luck

I gave up smoking 9 months ago, didnt really feel sick at all until i stopped smoking whilst still on Champix. I used to have my tablet then drive to work and throw up whilst walking up to the stairs!

Never looked back and feel so much better for it. it was worth everything, even the stupid meetings with the cessation lady!

I'm on Champix at the moment. I was fine on them until day 3, then I had really bad nausea, that just got worse with every ciggy. As soon as I stopped smoking (day 11) the sickness went away. I'm now 3 weeks clean (so to speak :))

Stick with it everyone, it's worth it in the end :)

So nice to see so many who have beat the smoking with champix, well done everyone, hopefully I will be saying im clean of the cigs soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Champix is well worth it. I haven't had a ciggy since easter bank holiday monday :) I stopped taking the champix a month early, as I just don't need them anymore. I am missing the funky dreams they give you though :(

My drwams were weird and horrid last night.. Also was awake at least once every hour :( hoping tonight I will sleep well and maybe have some nice dreams lol

Are you on the champix at the moment?

My dreams were brilliant, never scary but some were very weird!! I did enjoy being a F1 driver with a pink car though lol.

yay well done welsh. Almost 3 for me and have never looked back :)

Oh I cannot wait to say im smokefree! Well done to you both, fantastic achievment :)
Im on day 3 today and last night was when I had the dreams but I guess that I might of just had a rough night as we all do sometimes. Ive got the allen carr book and intend to read that in the run up to my quit date ( should start really because reading is almost impossible with a clingy teething 7 month old lol)

That Allan Carr book is brilliant, I gave up for 6 months last year just from reading that book. Aww bless you, I hope your baby doesn't give you too much of a hard time.

It's strange, when my quit day came I didn't feel at all ready, but I didn't crave at all either.

Good luck hun, I hope they work as well for you as they did for me :)

Back