Changed over to Slimming World

Kurlyk8

Hi all!

Ok so I have decided to switch from Exante (meal replacement) to Slimming World as I can't cope with cutting food out and the shakes were VILE! I was dreaming about food!

I haven't joined a club or anything as I have done SW before in the past although it has been a few years!

Is it still unlimited lean meat on a red day and 15 syns a day? Green days unlimited pasta, quorn & potatos? Are the Healthy extra's still the same? Is there anyone who can just confirm what they are?

Cheers guys!

Hi Kurlyk8. Welcome over to Slimming World. If I were you, I'd have a look at the new Extra Easy plan. You can have lean meats and potatoes etc. for free every day. You get less Healthy Extras I think but the free food for both Red and Green days is free on Extra Easy. It's still recommended 5-15 Syns a day.

Good luck on your journey.

Kev X

Oooh - things have changed a bit since I last did it then!

Cheers Kev, I'll have a look x

No problem. You're only allowed one each of Healthy Extras A and B with Extra Easy. I normally use my HexA for cheese of some sort and my HexB for two slices of wholemeal toast (from a 400g loaf) for breakfast. I'm sure the lists of all the healthy extras will be kicking about on here somewhere though.

Extra easy is generally based around splitting your plate in to thirds. 2/3 of your plate should be your free food such as meat and potatoes and 1/3 should be a super-free food which are things like salads and other non-carb veg.

I'm just a beginner myself having only been doing it for a month or so but there are some experts lurking around the site.

Ah nice one - cheers! I will be using the Healthy A for a bit of laughing cow cheese and milk for my tea. Skimmed milk of course! The Healthy B on bread with breakfast probably. Trust me after starving yourself on meal replacement shakes I won't be eating any crap food! Even a salad is a party in my mouth!!

How have you been finding it? Have you found it easy to lose weight on?

Laughing Cow cheese is great. 6 triangles of Extra Light for HexA!! I often wrap a triangle in ham for a snack if I've not already used my HexA for anything else.

I'm finding the diet easy enough to follow when I'm on it. As you can see, I didn't do very well over Christmas and New Year. To be honest, I wasn't even trying to follow any plan. Life's too short to give up the enjoyable times. I ate a load and drank a load and had an excellent time! I put on half a stone but as of my mid-week weigh in (I know I should only weigh-in once a week but I need to find out how good I have to be over the weekend!!) I've lost it again. That's 7lbs in a week and a half. I know that rate won't continue and the scales may say something different on Tuesday when I weigh-in but it gives me a great feeling when I see the loss and just makes me want to try harder. I'm eating well, don't feel hungry and am loving the Slimming World recipes. I am following the plan online as there are no groups where I live. It works for me.

More than ever, I feel excited and motivated about my future weight loss. I don't suppose I'm the biggest guy in the world but everyone has their idea of how they want to look.

How long did you manage to keep Exante up? I tried Slim Fast for a while but found I didn't have enough energy to exercise. Then when I did a bit more reading up and found out that it probably wasn't the best diet to follow health wise. At least the shakes were tasty though! Lol. I recommend you get the Slimming World magazine. It's full of recipes.

I hope you find the diet to be as good as I'm finding it.

Ooh sounds like you're doing really well and your head is in the right place - taking time off over xmas and new year was probably a better idea or you would have been annoyed at depriving yourself. I think the food you get to eat of here is great and you can whip up some really nice food on here! All fresh sauces! Nom nom nom!

Exante er I lasted 4 days lol! What can I say? I love food! I found it very hard. They say that once your body goes into ketosis (fat burning stage) then it gets easier but I just missed everything about food. I like to prepare, cook and eat even though I only cook for myself and not a family. The weight loss on there is good and very fast but you will always have the risk of gaining it back if you aren't doing the diet for the right reasons. I just wanted to lose weight fast when what I really should be doing is changing my thoughts about food and my eating habits.

I'm going on a round the world trip on the 1st June for 10 months and I didn't want to be the weight I am now as I get quite uncomfortable in hot climates. Oh and I don't want to look like a fat lump in all my photo's lol! The main reason I came off Exante was because the first part of my trip is 4 months in south east asia and the last 4 months is south america - I won't have much choice over what I eat. It will be lots of noodles, meat, fish and rice! I love all of those things but after being on meal replacement shakes for 4 months (i was going to come off them 1 month before to adjust) I'm pretty sure I would have put a load back on which means all of my torture starving myself on minging shakes was for nothing! My weight loss will be slower, but it will be better than going away and then not being able to fit in my clothes because I've gained a load back.

I am really looking forward to getting stuck into slimming world I have to say, I am making a little list of things I need to stock my cupboard with and am even going to start making my own soup!

Have you got any nice recipes to share??

Last edited:
Back