Changes to Syn Values / HE Allowance

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
Hi, Just a thought but would anyone else find it helpful to have a 'sticky' where any changes to syns could be posted for ease of reference.

I know I'm not alone in missing the December update where Muller came to their senses & reverted a thoroughly ill-conceived notion :D

It may also have helped to avoid the 'one or two' :cry:questions over the quorn sausage debarcle too.

It could also be the place to post news on amended serving sizes for syns or HE allowances too - porridge, cheese etc.

Oh dear - it looks even worse! It now looks like there is a syn value for the rice and a separate one for the sauce

Rice Time, Cantonese, 300g pack, ambient, sauce pot 6
Rice Time, Cantonese, 300g pack, ambient, rice pot 1½
Rice Time, Medium Curry, 300g pack, ambient, sauce pot 7
Rice Time, Medium Curry, 300g pack, ambient, rice pot 1½
Rice Time, Mexican Chilli, 300g pack, ambient, sauce pot 4½
Rice Time, Mexican Chilli, 300g pack, ambient, rice pot 1½
Rice Time, Spicy Tikka Masala, 300g pack, ambient, sauce pot 7½
Rice Time, Spicy Tikka Masala, 300g pack, ambient, rice pot 1½
Rice Time, Sweet & Sour, 300g pack, ambient, sauce pot 7
Rice Time, Sweet & Sour, 300g pack, ambient, rice pot 1½

Last edited:
Wow, I wonder what happened? They only just came out didn't they? I guess someone must have made a mistake in the first lot of calculations!

Are you sure, Ermintrude only posted this 2 weeks ago...

"The sweet & sour is definitely free - neither of you have included rice as a Free Food when you entered the data so it inevitably calculates at 1 syn per 20 calories so makes it the same on all plans.

Rice Time values on EE/Green:

Rice Time, Cantonese, ambient, 300g pot 1
Rice Time, Medium Curry, ambient, 300g pot 4½
Rice Time, Sweet & Sour, ambient, 300g pot Free
Rice Time, Mexican Chilli, ambient, 300g pot 1½
Rice Time, Spicy Tikka Masala, ambient, 300g pot 5½

They will all be 1 syn per 20 calories on red as rice is not a free food on red."

toliveordiet? said:

"The sweet & sour is definitely free - neither of you have included rice as a Free Food when you entered the data so it inevitably calculates at 1 syn per 20 calories so makes it the same on all plans.

They will all be 1 syn per 20 calories on red as rice is not a free food on red."

it's new that they are now synned. my C had them in group about a month ago and said she couldn't understand why they were free when the big jars of the sauce aren't.

she posted on facebook only yesterday that they are now synned.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

PatchworkPuss said:
Here's one to get you started - Rice Time Sweet and Sour are no longer syn free - now 1.5 syns per pot.

OMG this was only in the magazine last month wasn't it?? How can things change just like that???

Wow, I'm glad I was browsing and found this before doing my asda shop this morning - was going to pick up a couple for the days I'm in uni all day - maybe not now, eh!

gutted, ate at least one of these a week, expensive hobby but so convenient for my work shifts, explains why they were so yummy!

As you say that was 2 weeks ago - if SW have since changed the values and listed them as those syns then that is what they are.

My consultant could never understand y they were free either cos micro rice is usually synned-proper gutted tho x

i think it might have been a mistake before. I thought the sweet n sour sauce was too nice to be free.

I used to do a stir fry veg with rice and add some a bit of sweet chilli sauce (and i thought it was so much healthier than the rice times as the rice didnt seem as healthy as plain rice and i used a lot less sauce)

I have the mexican chilli one in the kitchen waiting to be eaten...damn...

What a nightmare! The sweet and sour one was my friday lunch treat at work for surviving another week and also another was my quick snack after my sunday long run. Gutted!

What's the deal with Muller? I haven't attended a group in a while: I just started SW at home after putting on weight post surgery. Just finding my way around on here!

The rice time info is on the SW website - on the bottom right of the homepage - click on the "changes to the branded foods book". They say on it that they realised the nutritional values on the packaging weren't correct and have worked with the manufacturer to calculate the correct syn values.

Back