changing from weight watchers to slimming world

lynns3cookies

Hi guys have been on weight watchers for the last year (lost 3.5 stone put regained 1.5 snce Xmas) needing a change anyone experience of move to slimming worls and any pros or cons you could share? Thanks Lynn

Hi guys have been on weight watchers for the last year (lost 3.5 stone put regained 1.5 snce Xmas) needing a change anyone experience of move to slimming worls and any pros or cons you could share? Thanks Lynn

I tried W W for 1 week, I thought I was going to pass out with hunger!! I changed to sw and haven't looked back, you haven't got to weigh food except for HE A/B, I love my pasta and potatoes, so the plan suits me down to the ground. Good luck with your weight loss journey hu. ;) x

The weight watchers simply filling plan is good as well. Lots of free food, certain breads, oats, potatoes, wholewheat pasta, rice, all fruit and veg etc. then you have your 49weeklies for extras. Then if you want a pp day you can have one

I've done weight watchers simply filling and slimming world and I think they are both good and both work. If you ask on the ww forum they will all say ww is best. If you ask on SW they will of course say SW. So it's best to work it out for yourself.

If I was you I'd check out the boards and slimming world diaries so you can get an idea of how it works.

In my opinion ...slimming world requires more planning and I probably spend more on food. But I eat a lot more food and get a good loss. But I always struggled with eating out on slimming world

I do miss the ww mobile app as the SW website and app just don't compare.

I got all the info I needed on these boards and the slimming world 2013 food lists and healthy extra lists are on the Internet or free. I tried it for a few days to see if I liked it and I did so I joined slimming world, paid and have access to recipes etc now. You could I unofficially try it and see if you like it?

I did weight watchers for 3 weeks, and personally I couldn't get on with it, I didn't like the hassle of the weighing, and pointing everything, i really like slimming world as I just think its far more easy to follow and plan meals for lunch when im at work ect.
x

i did w/w and lost weight ( 3 stone) doing the simply filling plan then had my daughter. needed a change and joined slimming world. .....i will warn you that i put on 1 pound the first week. think my body was getting used to change of plans. well the next week i lost 9 1/2 pounds and never looked back

I personally prefer slimming world. I feel as though it is more of a lifestyle change that i can keep up longterm. I love food as we all do. i never feel diprived or hungry on slimming world. Am rejoining again on wednesday after foot surgery and putting some more weight back on.

Good luck on your weight loss journey whateveryou decide.

Last edited:
Definately a life style change. It has to be when you get to target! I have been at target 16 months now and I just alutomatically shop for healthy low fat low sugar items. It the way to go!! :)

Morning Lynn, I have joined SW this week after doing ww for about 2 years on and off whereni lost 17 lbs - i felt great but gradually for lots of reasons the weight just crept back on. Last week i had to decide to rejoin ww or change so Ive swopped to SW . personally i hope the brand new start will keep me motivated- new system , new club, new diet buddies etc. I think i was getting lazy with ww and had stopped tracking and weighing etc The fact I can eat more food of so many things on sw is a bit scary and imight not work for me on extra easy and i can see I might have to swop to red days to limit my carbs but we will see !! Im not expecting very much at the scales as I only lost 1 pound a week at ww. I want to lose a stone. Good luck and type back what you decide to do !

Hi and thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. Think I will give slimming world a go do it from info on here and if I manage will join a class next week. Off to have a look about the forum thanks again lynn

ive been on and off ww since i was 16 im now 28 and it works for a while then life happens and it just all goes to pot im hoping slimming world can help me also change my ways and lifestyle x

Back