Changing personal target weight

Guru

Silver Member
I've set my target weight as 10 stone but the more I lose the more I think that might be unrealistic. I really am aiming for a size 12 but given I haven't been a size 12 since I was 14 years old I have NO IDEA what I wil need to weigh to achieve that.

Is it possible to change your target weight once you've set it? I think I might have set mine about a stone too low.

Yes you can change your target weight.

I havent set one yet as I take each week as it comes. I split it down in half stone brackets. Once I have reached the first half stone I set my sights on the next half a stone and so on. Our "ideal" weight in our minds is sometimes not what our body wants. Just go with it and enjoy the plan. :eek:

Hi Guru,

I completely understand where you're coming from. I don't really have a goal as like you I want to be a certain dress size rather than weight. I think taking it in half stone chunks and re-evaluating is the best bet. Then once you're happy, you can stop.

Thanks guys.

Snow that's what I was worried about. I'll have to chat to my consultant about it nearer the time I guess - which is at least a year away so don't really know why I'm worrying about it now!

I have only set an interim target with group not a final one yet and then I will switch to another interim target (My first is 23 9 which is a four stone loss at group, then I am planning to go in 3 stone increments and I've made them round numebrs so 21 stone, 18, 15 and then 12 which is what I have put on here which is within the healthy bmi range but really I am planning to go on dress size so may not get to 12 so I think I will just wing after 15 at group so I don't get stuck with a target I don't want. It's a long way off regardless! You should be able to update it to an interim target now with your consultant so it isn't playing on your mind if it would help?

All my interim targets are already set - they're the ones in my signature. Target 4 actually takes me into the healthy BMI range and I think I may not need to lose much more than that. Oh well, I'll see how I get on once I get past the next target.

Oh I see - my consultant (at the time) only took the first one and said the next would be set when I hit that one. She did leave two weeks after I joined so clearly she was doing the minimum! Mind you I have done weigh at group and unless it is something the consultant does at home (or in options my group doesn't use) it might just be in your book and not in the system because it only seems to let you set one target. When people get to there interim targets at my group the pda always says they are at final target and then it has to be updated. :)

Back