Changing sw groups

nik86

I have been really pleased with the sw plan and the results I have had. I currently dont stay to class, mainly because when I did I didnt feel comfortable with the consultants method during class (I know each consultant is slightly different with how they deliver class) so it was a case of weigh in then leave. I would like to feel comfortable enough to stay to class so have decided a change in group is needed. When changing groups do you need to go back to your original group to collect your information? Its just I would rather just go to the new group from this week but dont want to pay a sign up fee again. Thank you, any advice is appreciated.

Er, as far as i know, and im sure it says in ur pack.. as long as u go each week, u are free to change groups without explanation.. and that your paperwork will be transfered.. if you find a new group, ring the consultant and ask.. im sure she'l advise.. x

I have been really pleased with the sw plan and the results I have had. I currently dont stay to class, mainly because when I did I didnt feel comfortable with the consultants method during class (I know each consultant is slightly different with how they deliver class) so it was a case of weigh in then leave. I would like to feel comfortable enough to stay to class so have decided a change in group is needed. When changing groups do you need to go back to your original group to collect your information? Its just I would rather just go to the new group from this week but dont want to pay a sign up fee again. Thank you, any advice is appreciated.

Hi Nik -

I changed groups too - the ladies at the first were really catty, but I sucked it as was ona night I could make. When the one closer to me changed night I hopped. I'd waited more than 6 weeks so had to pay again, but I didn't mind starting fresh.

I think you can just swap and if you want to keep your progress going from what it is now, show them your book and they'll work with that. I didn't bother and started new (so when I get my 1 stone award it's really 1stone7lbs total lol).

Good luck - xoxox

Thank you! I just dont want to have to explain to my current consultant why I am changing groups. I will re-read my pack too. I have tried ringing the consultant at the new group I plan to attend but she is out for the evening. It sounds great that I can just go to the new group!

Thank you! I just dont want to have to explain to my current consultant why I am changing groups. I will re-read my pack too. I have tried ringing the consultant at the new group I plan to attend but she is out for the evening. It sounds great that I can just go to the new group!

Don't worry sweetie - a good C is essential in this SW life of ours. A bad C or group can make it harder to stay focused. Hope it goes well xoxox

I have just changed group and started again, it was great to read all the books write everything down, and the new group is really good fun, the c is so different from other class and I like it.

I changed earlier this year and as long as your book is up to date they just transfer the info onto a new sheet - well that's what happened with me. It was a good move for me so go for it - maybe go as a visitor a couple of times before you commit just to see how you feel about the group.

Thanks for your advice and support.

I have tried to ring the new consultant but she must be out so I am just going to turn up at the new group tonight! I really want to be able to enjoy the group after weigh in. Will let you know how it goes!

I rejoined last week after missing a few weeks. As i wanted to get a new book and re start.
Good luck you can just turn up with your book and they will get old leader to send your paper work to them.

You can just change groups and your new consultant will arrange transfer of forms or just start you on new ones. I'm needing to change groups too for similar reasons but the new consultant has taken over all the nearby groups so that leaves me with very little option! This is why I am so glad I have found this site. xxxxxxxx

Just back from new sw group and I feel so much better already! The group was a nice size and the atomsphere good. The consultant spent some time with me and was so friendly! It has shown me the difference it can really make :D

Back