Green Day Cheap, cheerful and veggie ideas sought.

justjudith

*waves hello*
Hi.....

I'm looking for inspiration.

I am happiest being vegetarian (no meat, fish, chicken 2 legs or 4 paws or scales). I have zero cooking skills and what I do cook needs to be done fast...

But my main problem ..... no challenge..... is that I am on a very tight budget as I am on benefit. I use public transport so buy a lot of my shopping on line. I don't have a fridge but do have a freezer. But its counting every penny.

I know months ago there was a weeks food diary for budget (students it was aimed at) on Lifeline online but I don't go to group now so don't have access to that..... and on top of that it had dead animal in as well....

OH and the other important thing you need to bear in mind is that I live alone. so what might be cheap for a family of four isn't going to cut it when you reduce down to one....

Go on rise to the challenge and gibve me some good ideas..... PLEASE

Judith

Pulses, potatoes, pasta, vegetables, fruit, quorn products, Tesco etc meatfree burgers and similar only have low syns, tofu, eggs, cheese as a healthy extra. You can buy tinned, frozen or fresh.

Pasta n sauce and mugshots are free, baked beans and tinned spaghetti.
There's lots of choice. Read your free food lists and plan around your likes and dislikes.
Read *Honey's food sticky above for some brilliant veggie recipes.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/173489-honeys-recipes.html
Also read the food diaries to see what other green day people eat to give you loads of ideas.
What sort of things do you eat now? A lot of things can be adapted to SW.

Back