Cheap exercise workout DVD's in the UK?

rosie1234

Silver Member
Hi everyone.

Once my ankle is better, I would like to start doing exercise at least 5 days a week for about 30 minutes a day. Eventually I will do it 6/7 times a week but I want to stick to Monday to Friday at the beginning. I can not use youtube for workouts or any other video site because I have a limit on my internet :( But around January I will be getting unlimited broadband :)

But for now, does anyone know a DVD workout that I can exercise along with. Or can anyone recommend any DVD workouts that they know make you lose inches or pounds? Roughly about £7. Also I live in the UK so I would prefer buying it from the UK but I don't mind waiting a while to receive it if I buy it from another country :)

Last week I was at my friends house and she showed me the 30 day shred Jillian Michaels level 1, 2 and 3 that were on youtube. But I don't think I can do that. I don't have any weights either. It looked just a bit too hard. Has anyone else done the 30 day shred exercises?

Also I will be doing the workouts in my home so it has to be exercises/workouts that can be done at home with no equipment.

Thank you :) I appreciate the help.

I have done the 30 day shred and it wasn't that hard after day 5, and it is really cheap if you buy it from Amazon - give it a try - she is really motivating :D

How much did you lose in pounds or inches from your body? I have been looking at before and after pictures of people who did it and it has made a huge difference on some people. But I don't know if I will be able to do it. I can be so lazy sometimes lol.

Are you meant to do level 1 for 30 days, then level 2 for 30 days and then level 3 for 30 days?

Hi Rosie, I am currently doing the shred and it is quite good but I am glad I didn't start with it. I really recommend the 10 minute solutions DVDs. Each of these is within your price range although you might want at least 2 unfortunately! They each come with 5 10 minute sessions and you can do just one or any number you want to so could easily do your 30 minutes. I love target toning for beginners - although again you would need weights and there is no cardio involved. There are lots of cardio ones - I like rapid results fat burner. I also have dance your body thin which has 2 toning and 3 cardio sections and doesn't require weights but still works your arms quite hard IMO. The cardio is a bit gentler on this one though.

Anyway there are 36 to choose between on their website so whatever suits you really.......

I had not heard of 10 Minute Solutions DVD before so thank you. A lot to chose from lol. What would you say is the best one to lose lots of inches from my body. Thanks for your help :)

I am afraid I don't know as I am not a great measurer and I have by no means tried them all - I have measured before the shred and will see if it has any impact. (oh and yes it is supposed to be 10 days on each level and consecutively - although I have also heard that that is a marketing ploy and you should take rest days)

From what I have read you need to do cardio to lose fat and strenthening to increase/tone muscle which makes you look better once the fat has gone and also the extra muscle uses up extra calories even when you are not exercising. I have also read that 80% of weight loss has to do with diet rather than exercise. Exercise is really good for general health and mental health and weight loss maintenence but not that great for losing weight in the first place.

Really what you need is something that you will enjoy doing 5 days a week without getting too bored. In fact I am thinking of going back to concentrating on walking up and down hills outside in the new year plus 10 minutes of target toning per day.

Oh I see. I think I will look into it more to find the one I will enjoy the most and the one that I will get more out of. My diet is very healthy. I just feel so lazy nearly everyday though lol. Thanks for all your help :)

Back