Cheated myself! I'm SOOOO cross with myself

jakkiG

I'm really fed up with myself. I have been so good all week sticking to SS to the letter. I have had such a busy day-did ebay for the 1st time last weekend and sold loads of stuff. By this afternoon I got so tired and just felt I had to chew something-so I had about 100g corned beef. I know it wont kill me and probably wont even knock me out of ketosis but that's not the point.
Why when I was doing so well did I have to cheat?:cry::sigh::confused::(
I've got weigh in tomorrrow so i guess I will just have to wait to see if I sabotaged myself. How does anyone else get over that need to chew something?

Hey Jakki, please don't beat yourself up about some corned beef, try and think of the positives you've achieved this week.

I know exactly what you mean about chewing though, I stuck to SS 100% for 14 days and then in a stupid moment just ate half a pizza - didn't need it, I wanted it - absolutely pointless and mindless.

I guess we just have to think and remind ourselves of the reasons we first started this diet. CD is not the easiest way to lose weight so we must have some pretty important reasons to continue with it. Just gotto draw a line under the past and focus on the future.

Hope that helps a little
Lou x

I have a porridge and make it quite thick and let it stand for a while to solidify and then "chew" it or I have a cambridge bar. I know they say you shouldn't have them for the first couple of weeks but I still lose when I have them....

Thats why i only got to day 2 last time on cd lol, but my head is in a much better place now :mad:) hopefully

Hey Jakki, please don't beat yourself up about some corned beef, try and think of the positives you've achieved this week.

I know exactly what you mean about chewing though, I stuck to SS 100% for 14 days and then in a stupid moment just ate half a pizza - didn't need it, I wanted it - absolutely pointless and mindless.

I guess we just have to think and remind ourselves of the reasons we first started this diet. CD is not the easiest way to lose weight so we must have some pretty important reasons to continue with it. Just gotto draw a line under the past and focus on the future.

Hope that helps a little
Lou x

Can I ask, when you ate half a pizza, how badly did it affect your weight? Did you gain lots or just not lose? I'm trying to work out how much my eating tonight has done. I feel so sick!!!

I have a few extra bars on stand by in case I get overcome with this need to chew business. Get the crunchy ones like cranberry or peanut. I would much rather cheat by having an extra bar than something totally illegal, you know?

Otherwise- I find ice is quite a good one. You can munch on it and it is just water at the end of the day!!!

Also- try (I know I can't talk but I am lecturing myself here really) not to focus too much on the weight that you lose as such. At the end of the day, you're doing this diet to slim down- not to go around telling everyone how much you weigh. So instead of focusing on the numbers, just think it was a bump in the road towards your new svelt self. Knowing how much you gained for having cheated is only going to get you more down and you don't really need to know. What you need to know is that you lost focus on the goal for a little bit but you're back on it, even more determined - working towards your new future self!

Not a clue if its affected my weight loss (it was last night). I'm too scared to look in case I've put on loads which will scare me so much I give up.

I've just put it behind me and I'm moving on. Today is a new day!

Lou x

Back