• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Checking products for carb count?

I thought you had to subtract the fibre to get the net carbs? :confused: Sure I remember that from when I did Atkins.

So I would say 6g less the g of fibre if there are any.

Zimara

Yummy mummy to be!
I thought you had to subtract the fibre to get the net carbs? :confused: Sure I remember that from when I did Atkins.

So I would say 6g less the g of fibre if there are any.
This is true of american nutritional values as they catorgorise fibre as a carb (NUTTERS!), however in the UK fibre is not included in the carb count. Thus on English branded products you take the carb value.

I never knew that! :eek: No wonder I failed when I did Atkins then..........:eek:

Yes it's 6g Shell.

It can be confusing Yam. :)

yes, all EU products already have the fibre subtracted.

ditzeeblonde

Call me Linzi...
If you use that website as its an American website Stephen then Yes you deduct fibre but all packaging including veg in the EU already has the fibre deducted, so if yr looking at the back of a pack of veg & the carbs say 3g per 100g then thats what you count you don't deduct the fibre on packaging.

But that site is great if you have no packaging for a product make sure you use the ECC count from that site. xxx

Spot on Linz, it needs to be an EU or UK site.

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
If you use that website as its an American website Stephen then Yes you deduct fibre but all packaging including veg in the EU already has the fibre deducted, so if yr looking at the back of a pack of veg & the carbs say 3g per 100g then thats what you count you don't deduct the fibre on packaging.

But that site is great if you have no packaging for a product make sure you use the ECC count from that site. xxx
yeah Linzi as i said fresh food ie no packaging