Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

cheeky question from a CD'er....

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Daydreambeliever, 29 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Daydreambeliever

Daydreambeliever Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(10.09%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello,
    Greetings from the Cambridge Diet site... I have been inspired by everyone on all their VLCD journeys, and have just started mine on CD. I am into my second week and the euphoria of my first weigh in (11lbs!) has just worn off.
    Could anyone here recommend a book or audio thing that could help inspire me psychologically? I have over 10 stone to lose, and all of a sudden the reality of that has hit me, and I don't quite know how to tackle it... my CDC is fantastic and I love her, however, her journey was not as long as mine, and I'm not sure if she understands...
    I tried listening to Paul Mcenna(or however you spell his surname!) and 'woke up' when he started mentioning food and chewing-couldn't do it!!!;)
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks Lighter Lifers!! See you at the water filter!!:D xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi DDB - I can't reccomend any bokos or tapes as I don;t know any. I lost 10 stone, like you are after - I just wanted to lend support. ANd to tell you, it goes amazingly fast. It ma not seem it now, but at the end yu won't believe it. Stick to it - it will change your life!!!!

ALL GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! :D

4. Daydreambeliever

Daydreambeliever Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(10.09%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks so much Blonde Logic,
    You are one of my main inspirations-sorry to gush-but there it is!! I have to come to terms with the fact that my whole attitude towards food and eating is going to have to change forever if I want the weight to go and stay away forever. I am only in week 2-so I had better get used to these feelings popping up often!! Thanks very much for your words of support. Come visit CD site anytime!! x

5. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Hi DDB - CBT for Dummies might be worth a look - I bought it to supplement the CBT support you get from LighterLife, and probably learnt as much from the book as I did the group - it certainly helped me change my relationship with food, and understand what made me overweight in the first place.

Oh - and GOOD LUCK with CD - I know it seems a long haul now, but I promise it goes by in a flash - I can't believe I was a size 22 in March, and have been a size 12 now since August :)

6. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

Awww, thanks honey. I always say, if I can help one person, in any way - then its doubley worth it. :)

Addressing our relationship with food is key. ANd its a long process....I am STILL learning, and imagine I always will be. Its hard work - but the most satisfying ever....doing something for ourselves, that we have only dreamt of, and always thought was for everyone else - and then doing it - well, it is a dream come true.

You come around here anytime too!! :)

As someone here said, and it is a great quote -(wish I could remember whos o I coudl credit them properly) "We are all going to the same station, just on different trains" :)

GO for it - grab your gold ring!

xxx

7. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    marissa peer's book has a cd with it - i really like it, def worth a try
    daisy x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.