Cheering yourself up

ununpentium

Sherlock Holmes
How do you cheer yourself up without resorting to food?

I usually eat when I feel low, and I've been feeling low these past few days and I want to feel better without pigging out on choccy.

Give me your tips :) How do you pamper yourself?

I'm looking for tips too I'm an emotional eater and I'm having a few low days too and because I've cut out all the rubbish I'm feeling more crappy! I thought buying some clothes at the weekend would help I was sure they'd fit but they didn't so I ended up feeling worse! Maybe I should have bought a pair of sandals instead :) Hope you're feeling better soon Sorry I'm not much help!

I paint my nails or look online at clothes that I'll buy myself when I hit my next target. Little things like that keep me going.
Call a friend or go and visit family helps cheer me up also x

I like to have a bath with scented candles and a lush bath bomb or bubble bar while listening to bob marley lol passes a bit time.

Or look online at clothes i'll buy when i'm skinny.

Last year i made the mistake of buying loads of holiday clothes in a smaller size in the sale because i had a few months to go. I didnt get in them and still dont so i have 4 month to get in them x

i go online and look up a pic of my wedding dress as i am getting married in fuerteventura in september and it just reminds me of why i joined ww. i also go for walks or read a magazine. i would also light a few candles and make myself a nice cup of tea

I'm going to buy things I usually don't because I spend so much damn money on takeaways.

I've joined the gym so going to buy a few gym bits like water bottles, proper gym wear. Then 'indulgent' things like mani/pedis, books, make up etc. Hopefully I can start to buy clothes soon!

running, colouring my hair, getting a tattoo :)

If I want a retail pick-me-up, I usually go for shoes. While I can't really wear them now cuz my weight hurts my feet too easily, I know they'll be ok at some point! I've also bought some clothes in a couple of sizes smaller, so I can wear them this time next year when they fit.

The bath idea is also good! I like sticking a relaxing playlist on, getting soaked up in some Lush bath bomb goodness!

Music!! Listening to some feel good music and bopping around the living room, but right now its my 8 week old boy that gives me the feel good factor :)

Go window shopping, read a lot, that stops me from thinking bad/depressing stuff as I'm concentrating on the story line. I'm a paper crafter so I rummage through my stash and make cards or watch you tube for new techniques I'd like to try. Visit all my favourite crafty online shops and make wish lists :D You'd think I wouldn't have enough money to spend on junk food with the amount I spend on crafty stuff. It's my addiction, I don't smoke and rarely drink or go out so that is my treat each month, trouble is I could do with an expanding room to put it all in :D

Go window shopping, read a lot, that stops me from thinking bad/depressing stuff as I'm concentrating on the story line. I'm a paper crafter so I rummage through my stash and make cards or watch you tube for new techniques I'd like to try. Visit all my favourite crafty online shops and make wish lists :D You'd think I wouldn't have enough money to spend on junk food with the amount I spend on crafty stuff. It's my addiction, I don't smoke and rarely drink or go out so that is my treat each month, trouble is I could do with an expanding room to put it all in :D

These expanding stashes will be the death of us all! I think I might get caught in a yarn avalanche at some point... :)

Lol! I have just cleared up the paper avalanche that was happening on my desk, then messed it up again, oh well at least it kept me out of the fridge lol!

I also managed to stay out of the fridge, but I cannot say I managed to stay away from yarn...! I just got back home with enough yarn for 4 pairs of socks (2 for me, 2 for my fiance)...! And 2 nail polishes...! And 4 boxes of tea bags...! Somehow I just bought stuff today!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! I'm an emotional eater but after 11 weeks it's getting better, I ask myself 'is it really worth the points" usually works :p

Back