Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Cheese Sauce?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by pinkyfluff, 2 March 2011 Social URL.

1. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    I wanted to make a syn free cheese sauce.

Would this work....

Quark, gently heated with a splash of milk (HE A) and half (HE A) cheese, poured over my cauli then sprinkled with remaining cheese then into oven to brown?

If not quark I have fat free fromage frais and natural yogurt too.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Should work using quark or from frais - wouldn't use yoghurt as it's likely to split whilst cooking.

Personally I prefer to make a proper cheese sauce and syn it!

Denise

4. pinkyfluff

Diet:
    slimming world
    I got 2 tubs of Quark for £1 earlier to have some to play with it so I will try that first.

Thanks

x

5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    just be careful not to overheat it, as it will split.

It is best to remove the amount you want from the fridge a good few hours before use to bring it to room temperature, as otherwise if you add it cold straight from the fridge to a hot mixture the result will be not too pleasant.

Last edited: 2 March 2011
  6. pinkyfluff

Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for the tip.. I am planning on cauli cheese for lunch tomorrow so will take it out of the fridge first thing.

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.