• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Cheesecake receipes anyone?

#2
Britmum's site, Slimming Eats, has a lush baked strawberry cheesecake recipe that hit the spot for me. :)
 

Josiecat

Silver Member
S: 11st6.5lb C: 11st6.5lb BMI: 26.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#4
A really quick recipe for an individual one is to use 2 alpen lights warmed in the micowave for about 30 seconds and pressed to make the base in a small dish.
Mix quark with sweetener and vanilla essence, it is best to keep adding the sweetener and essence until it tastes nice rather than to specific measurements.
Make up a sachet of gelatine as directed and add about quarter of it to the quark mix.
Pour this on top of the alpen base and refridgerate until set.
Top with fruit of your choice.

Syn free if using hex B and I enjoyed this.
 

Sia

Full Member
S: 16st1lb C: 13st3.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.9 Loss: 2st11.5lb(17.56%)
#5
I made Britmum's cheesecake, but the texture was quite weird- but perhaps i was expecting it to taste 'normal' & normal cheese cake wouldn't = weightloss!!! :(
 

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
G: 8st3lb
#6
kingleds said:
Hi

after 4 weeks I'm craving cheescake. Does anyone have a good low syn cheesecake receipe that doesn't involve chocolate (not craving that!)
I have copied my post for you Hun- it is a delicious cheesecake.

I have been rummaging through my cookbooks and I stumbled across a section called low-fat cakes and bakes. This is delicious and at only 7 syns for the whole cake ( 0.875 syns a slice ( 1.75 for 2 pieces - accurately measured - rounded up would be 2 i guess) . I am sure for a few more syns it would be worth crushing up digestives to make a base:)

Serves 8 - preheat oven to 150 C fan/ 180 C / 350 F/ Gas 4.

Spray frylight to coat a 7" sandwich tin

6oz low fat natural cottage cheese
5oz fat free natural yogurt
1 tblsp plain wholemeal flour (3 syns)
5 tsp silverspoon light granulated sugar (2.5 syns)
1 egg
1 egg White
Finely grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
169.5g blackberries (1.5 syns)
Some extra blackberries to serve

Place cottage cheese in a food processor and blitz til smooth.
Add yogurt, flour, sugar, egg and egg White and blitz.
Pour into a bowl and add lemon juice and rind and blackberries. Stir until mixed well
Pour into tin
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is just set.
Turn off oven and leave for a further 30 minutes
Run a palette knife around the edge and turn out cheesecake ( I push down using a large tin to balance on)
Decorate with fresh blackcurrants and serve.
Yum

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

Attachments

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
G: 8st3lb
#8
Hiya
Yes they are 2 syns each. Also Tesco organic digestives I believe are the same.

It is yummy as not quarky (although I quite like quark :) ) and doesn't taste of sweetener due to the light sugar.

Let me know what u think

Cheers

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 
#9
Oh dear.made this yesterday and have just tried it. Was Amazing!!!! Made it with digestive base which makes it 4 syns a slice but will have to make without from now on as am danger of eating the whole thing. At least with original recipe I wouldn't be blowing an entire week of syns on it if I do have s weak moment. Thanks for the recipe x
 

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
G: 8st3lb
#10
kingleds said:
Oh dear.made this yesterday and have just tried it. Was Amazing!!!! Made it with digestive base which makes it 4 syns a slice but will have to make without from now on as am danger of eating the whole thing. At least with original recipe I wouldn't be blowing an entire week of syns on it if I do have s weak moment. Thanks for the recipe x
Hiya
Was it the baked blackberry one?
How did you do the base Hun??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 
#11
Yeah it was - though used raspberries instead. Did the base with 8 digestives (16 syns) , a tiny sprinkle of half spoon as they are savoury and 28g of flora extra light melted (1.5 syns) mixed in. Cooked the base on it's own for 10 mins before adding the topping. I think I'll skip the flora next time as it's basically water and so not a crunchy base as I would like but otherwise - blooming lovely :)
 

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
G: 8st3lb
#12
kingleds said:
Yeah it was - though used raspberries instead. Did the base with 8 digestives (16 syns) , a tiny sprinkle of half spoon as they are savoury and 28g of flora extra light melted (1.5 syns) mixed in. Cooked the base on it's own for 10 mins before adding the topping. I think I'll skip the flora next time as it's basically water and so not a crunchy base as I would like but otherwise - blooming lovely :)
Oh yummy yummy!!! I have tried cooking with I think it's not butter light and that is ok, might be worth trying. I reckon this could be lent to many fruits - blueberries also- I think cooked blackberries were fairly low synwise.

Kx

Ps glad you liked it- I also have an angel cake to try but need to get an angel cake mould 1st lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

Kankles

Silver Member
S: 11st12lb C: 10st3lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 1st9lb(13.86%)
#13
Kwise1 said:
I have copied my post for you Hun- it is a delicious cheesecake.

I have been rummaging through my cookbooks and I stumbled across a section called low-fat cakes and bakes. This is delicious and at only 7 syns for the whole cake ( 0.875 syns a slice ( 1.75 for 2 pieces - accurately measured - rounded up would be 2 i guess) . I am sure for a few more syns it would be worth crushing up digestives to make a base:)

Serves 8 - preheat oven to 150 C fan/ 180 C / 350 F/ Gas 4.

Spray frylight to coat a 7" sandwich tin

6oz low fat natural cottage cheese
5oz fat free natural yogurt
1 tblsp plain wholemeal flour (3 syns)
5 tsp silverspoon light granulated sugar (2.5 syns)
1 egg
1 egg White
Finely grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
169.5g blackberries (1.5 syns)
Some extra blackberries to serve

Place cottage cheese in a food processor and blitz til smooth.
Add yogurt, flour, sugar, egg and egg White and blitz.
Pour into a bowl and add lemon juice and rind and blackberries. Stir until mixed well
Pour into tin
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is just set.
Turn off oven and leave for a further 30 minutes
Run a palette knife around the edge and turn out cheesecake ( I push down using a large tin to balance on)
Decorate with fresh blackcurrants and serve.
Yum

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Do u reckon this would taste as nice without the fruit? I'm not fussed on cooked fruit but it does look delish!
 
#14
Definitely! Prob just add some vanilla essence or something. Made it like that for our group taster session last week and went down v well.
 

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
G: 8st3lb
#15
kingleds said:
Definitely! Prob just add some vanilla essence or something. Made it like that for our group taster session last week and went down v well.
That's worth knowing!! I reckon you could adapt to vanilla or chocolate with mandarins on top . The list is endless yum yum

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 


Similar threads



Top