Cheesecake recipe?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Leapfrog, 12 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Please does anyone have a non-baked cheesecake recipe? I've got sugar free jelly plus fromage frais and or yogurts , but don't know what quantities of water etc. to use to make sure it sets. I've also got some frozen mixed berries to decorate - am I right to think jelly doesn't set very well with these in? Thanks for your suggestions

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  4. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hmmm. Thanks Circes, but it's the gelatine I don't have, but I do have a glut of sugar free jelly that I'd like to use

5. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OK. I have made my cheesecake. For the base 8 digestive biscuits and 8tsp very low fat spread. Then I mixed 2 sachets of strawberry sugar free jelly with 1 pint of water and made up to 1 1/2 pints using a combination of fat free strawberry yoghurt and fat free fromage frais. That set ok. Then I topped with a mixture of red berries. In the end I bought some gelatine and added sugar free cordial, a bit of splenda and the juice from the berries to make a glaze over the fruit.

Syns = 3 1/2 syns per digestive, 1/2 syn per tsp marg. and 1 1/2 syns per jelly. Total 35 syns. It should serve 8, so just under 4 1/2 syns per portion. But as there are 6 of us, I suspect portions will be larger, so will count just under 6 per person.

It's in the fridge now, chilling for tomorrow's lunch. Will report back afterwards.

6. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well, it was pretty good. Not really cheescakey, more like blancmange. The biscuit base was a bit soggy. I wonder if it might be better to use real butter for the difference in syns. Or double up the biscuits and low fat spread to make it thicker. But a nice dessert all the same.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.