Cheesed off!!

t11cky

I am feeling very frustrated this evening!!:cry:
All has gone pear shaped this evening, According to the scales at home I have put on 2lbs since last Monday!!
I was also just stood on it in my pants(sorry if too much detail)
I have also been constipated for the last 2 days, so may go hand in hand!! Which is also baffling me as have been eating 2 scan brans everyday so plenty of fibre!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Too much fibre can make you constipated

Oh, so do you think I have gone a bit wild last 3 days with 2 weetabx for breakfast and then 2 scan brans at dinner plus a couple of alpen lights at some point most days, Bloody hell that does sound like a potential lot of high fibre!!

I'd try not to worry, if you're sticking to the plan you will lose, and try not to weigh yourself in the week, I made this mistake for the first time last week, weighed myself 3 days b4 weigh in and I'd gained a pound, spoiled the rest of my week, when I weighed in at group I'd lost 2!

For the other issue, take 2 senakot then 1 a day after that, it'll soon sort you out!

Without giving out too much info, I was struggling going to the loo whjen doing EE but changed to original and it seems to have resolved itself and I have lost 3 weeks on the trot. Your scales may be wrong though so stick with it! x

I'd try not to worry, if you're sticking to the plan you will lose, and try not to weigh yourself in the week, I made this mistake for the first time last week, weighed myself 3 days b4 weigh in and I'd gained a pound, spoiled the rest of my week, when I weighed in at group I'd lost 2!

For the other issue, take 2 senakot then 1 a day after that, it'll soon sort you out!

2 senakot have just been taken to do their job overnight!!
I hope I dont regret that as just remembered I have to take my little lad for a game of footie in the middle of nowhere!! :eek:

Sounds like your are def having too much! I would stick to 1 dose of fibre for rest of the week and maybe get something to deal with constipation. If you follow sw plan well, then you will be getting more than enough fibre just from your veg and healthy extras ;)
x

and I would suggest u ignore your scales! I know easier said than done but, the only ones that matter are WI night, I know I can get on and off my scales and back on again and get completely different weights!

and I would suggest u ignore your scales! I know easier said than done but, the only ones that matter are WI night, I know I can get on and off my scales and back on again and get completely different weights!

Yeah have to totally agree with that, I can lose or gain 2 or 3 lbs in about 30 seconds, It would be great though to lose that genuinly in such a short time though!! :D
So less fibre from tomorrow and more drinks of water and fruit!!

I had the same issue here! strange when i did the extra easy i didnt go at all all week! :eek: so i do 3 red days and i been going every day now same time as well :D

Fibre is what helps with constipation not makes it worse, providing that you drink alot more water to compensate, the more fibre, the more water the body needs.

Looks like too much fibre. x

Does this help.....:)

Fibre: Keeping Us Healthy Inside

We all know that fibre is an essential part of a balanced diet, but what is it?

Fibre is a carbohydrate made up from the indigestible parts of plants, which passes through our digestive system relatively unchanged. There are two types of fibre: soluble and insoluble.

Water-soluble fibre is the pectins (edible portions) of fruits, vegetables and seeds, and could have the added benefit of lowering cholesterol.

Insoluble fibre is cellulose found in wheat bran and other grains - it is also referred to as 'roughage'.

Hard-working Fibre

Fibre's main function is to help keep our digestive system healthy. But what does it do exactly that makes it so important?

The answer is a lot:
It adds the bulk our stool needs to enable it to move through the gastro-intestinal tract.
It softens the waste material and speeds up its passage through our body.
It promotes a slow, steady absorption of nutrients from food.
It helps to slow down the absorption of sugars, thus helping to keep insulin levels steady

A balanced diet includes a recommended 18 grams of fibre a day.

Boosting your Fibre Intake

Fibre-rich foods are not known as the tastiest foods around. Luckily, some simple measures can increase the fibre content in the average diet almost without you noticing. Switching from white to wholemeal bread, from white to whole-wheat pasta or from white to brown rice is an effective way to boost your fire intake. Adding an extra vegetable to the evening meal is another easy measure, while snacking on fruit can help towards digestive health.

Children can be enticed to eat more fibre by sprinkling bran flakes over their yoghurt or other dessert. Some fibre-rich foods are actually children's favourites: jacket potatoes and baked beans, for example, or whole-wheat cereal biscuits.

Always make sure you drink enough, though. Fibre is only effective in preventing constipation if taken with enough fluid - about two litres or eight glasses is recommended.

Lots of fibre is great, but you have to increase it gradually. I take that powdered psyllium husk from time to time and each time I start I have to do it gradually, else my body goes into 'fibre shock'. Also as already mentioned you have to make sure you increase your water intake.

Good luck with the football today post senokot, eek!

Just one more thing, STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES lol.

Back