Makes 4 Burgers
400g Extra Lean Minced Beef/ turkey/ lamb mince*
4 Babybel Lights
Seasoning to taste (Salt, Pepper, Mixed Herbs, Chilli,
4 Wholemeal Rolls
Salad to garnish (Tomatoes, Onion, Lettuce)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees/ Gas mark 4
2. Unwrap Babybel and remove wax coating. Place to one side
3. Mix the minced beef well with the seasoning/s of your choice. Divide the mix into 4 equal
4. Form one portion of the minced beef mixture around the cheese and slightly flatten to
make a burger shape, ensuring that all of the cheese is covered
5. Spray a tray with fry light and put the burgers in the oven for 30 minutes. (This will ensure
that the meat is thoroughly cooked and the cheese melts)
6. Assemble burger and serve!!
i make these all the time, i slice the babybels in half length ways if you get what i mean and do them on my george foreman, only takes about 7 minutes (if that). sometimes have bacon and mushrooms on the top. ooo think i'll have to go out and buy some mince now
I made these recently, they were DELISH!! I put some mixed herbs into my mince, grated red onion, one egg and some worcester sauce... yum!
I think I will cut my babybel in half next time though as others have said, as it oozed out of the burger whilst cooking using a whole one.