Chelle's Diary - kick up the bum needed regularly!!!!

hello AGAIN everyone,

i suspect soon your all going to get fed up of me..

i did slimming world end of november through december last year and lost just over a stone, i was feeling on top of the world and adamant i was going to suceed this time..

however... in the middle of december i had some serious family/personal issues that completely threw me off track, its suprising how much some things can just affect everything in your life, especially eating habits.

anyway, ive put all the weight i lost back on minus 2 pounds, i went to my hospital check up today and safe to say the consultant was not very happy with me, he was very blunt and i got very upset but i understand what he says is right and i NEED to get rid of this weight, especially as me and my partner want to start a family pretty soon and will need help with fertility, thats why i need to be in my consultants good books as he deals with that.

i wasnt going to come back on here through shame but then i remembered how much love and support i got on here and how it completely makes a difference and really encourages your weight loss!

so here we go..... im starting slimming world on wednesday but as i got weighed at the hospital on friday i know exactly what i weigh, ive started my diet from this morning and im rareing to go :D

this time im going to a different slimming group with my friend so i think that will make it better for me

hope i havent angered anyone with stopping and starting, and i look forward to following all your journeys xxC

Last edited:
for breakfast today i had 1 slice of brown toast with 1 poached egg

for lunch a big bowl of chinese flavour savoury rice with a onion and mushrooms added in

for tea im having a big jacket potato with curry beans and a salad

HEA is my skimmed milk for use in my coffee
and 25g of cheddar for my jacket potato, im having 2 HEA's instead of a HEB

and lots and lots of grapefruit juice

Sorry to hear your consultant upset you :( You'd think they'd get training in that kind of thing? How are you doing your curry? Seen a few recipes on it but not sure which to try first :p

Sorry to hear your consultant upset you :( You'd think they'd get training in that kind of thing? How are you doing your curry? Seen a few recipes on it but not sure which to try first :p

he was awful!! :( i took my boyfriend in and even he said to him, do you talk to everyone like this because im suprised your still walking! i understand its his job and i imagine its frustrating but theres ways to talk to people without upsetting them.

oh its only curry flavour beans, not an actual curry, i just get baked beans and add some curry powder and sultana's, dont think its for everyone, everytime i cook it all i hear is "oh that smells disgusting, what is it" lol but i really like it x

Hi Chelle, I'm joining SW tomorrow night after failing at WW and it seems I want to lose weight for the same reason, other than my health, me and OH want to try for a family of our own, I have 3 step kids who I adore but really would like my own!! Good luck on your journey, look forward to reading all about it :)

How rude of the consultant Im surprised he's still walking too if thats the way he speaks to people!!!

Michele x

Ah right. I put paprika, chilli flakes and chilli powder in mine :) Might try the curry ones ;) Is there any way you'd be able to put in a complaint about him? It's one thing to demonstrate your frustration but quite another to upset people so heartlessly! :(

Hi Chelle, I'm joining SW tomorrow night after failing at WW and it seems I want to lose weight for the same reason, other than my health, me and OH want to try for a family of our own, I have 3 step kids who I adore but really would like my own!! Good luck on your journey, look forward to reading all about it :)

How rude of the consultant Im surprised he's still walking too if thats the way he speaks to people!!!

Michele x

hiya :D

i tried weight watchers a couple of years ago but i just could not get on with it at all, couldnt be doing with counting for all foods!
i love slimming world, when i did it in november i lost just over a stone in 3 weeks so im wanting to repeat that. i find it so easy and hopefully you will too :)

ive got PCOS and have tried to get pregnant before but its not happened, i read all the time about when people loose weight it makes them much more fertile so hopefully that will be the case.

best of luck with your weight loss :D xx

Ah right. I put paprika, chilli flakes and chilli powder in mine :) Might try the curry ones ;) Is there any way you'd be able to put in a complaint about him? It's one thing to demonstrate your frustration but quite another to upset people so heartlessly! :(

ive just had my dinner and it was yummy :)

a few people have told me to put a complaint in but i feel i need to stay in his good books as hes the head of gynecology at my hospital so if i need fertility treatment he's the best one for it.

he went in for the kill soon as i got in there and i was trying not to get upset but i couldnt help it, i said to him, you talk to me like its so easy to loose weight and its not! have you actually tried to loose weight before and he said no so i said to him well dont sit there then and preach to me about loosing weight when you do not understand anything about it. he said well ive been doing my job along time and i said i dont care what qualifications or training youve had, if youve never struggled with your weight before you cant sit there and make me feel like a failure for something you know nothing about.
then he sent me for a ultrasound to check my overies so i stormed out the room and the nurses were saying are you ok are you ok.

when i went back in after my scan he was trying to be alot nicer and thats when i said to him i appreciate your doing your job but in future please dont talk to people the way you did me and huffing and puffing at me because its really not nice. then i made a sharp exit cause i could see steam starting to come out of my boyfriends ears lol

so now hes refering me to the dieticians which i dont want to and instead of going to the hospital every 6 months i have to go and see him every 6 weeks!!!

it was horrible, it ruined my whole day and im not looking forward to seing him every 6 weekd but i suppose its got to be done if i want a family :wave_cry:

oh and he also said going to a slimming group is a cop out and i should be able to do it without that. i just laughed and said its people like you that make me want to loose the weight!!

silly man x

That is appalling! He should be happy that you're being proactive and not just sitting on ur backside all week and pretending to be doing something? Far be it for me to question a doctor but surely support of any kind can only be a good thing. As hard as it can be I'd try to rise above and not think too much about it. Don't let him bring u down :)

That is appalling! He should be happy that you're being proactive and not just sitting on ur backside all week and pretending to be doing something? Far be it for me to question a doctor but surely support of any kind can only be a good thing. As hard as it can be I'd try to rise above and not think too much about it. Don't let him bring u down :)

oh im ok, ill just make sure when i go back in 6 weeks ive lost weight :)

he said to me right ill see you in 6 weeks and i said yes and when i come in attached to a drip cos ive lost so much weight and he said ill give you a hug and i just said yeah whatever and walked out, the nurses were really apologetic but it wasnt there fault, i came home and had a cry and a cuddle and im fine now :)

good afternoon everyone, hope everyones having a good day :)

ive just got in from work and im going to have a little rant so i apologise in advance.

i am a support worker/care worker dealing specifically with dementia, i love my job i really do and i wouldnt want to do anything else, its a challenge but also so so rewarding, however, i am fed up of continusly being referred to as the "big one" or the "big girl" or my personal favourite the "bonney one", its never bothered me before but for some reason it has started to, everyone else gets referred to as the one with dark hair or the one who has the dog but not me, im always the large friendly one.

in a way im glad as things like this will spur me on and make me even more determined to loose weight, has anyone else ever experienced this and how did you deal with this?

ive just got in from work and im going to have a little rant so i apologise in advance.

i am a support worker/care worker dealing specifically with dementia, i love my job i really do and i wouldnt want to do anything else, its a challenge but also so so rewarding, however, i am fed up of continusly being referred to as the "big one" or the "big girl" or my personal favourite the "bonney one", its never bothered me before but for some reason it has started to, everyone else gets referred to as the one with dark hair or the one who has the dog but not me, im always the large friendly one.

in a way im glad as things like this will spur me on and make me even more determined to loose weight, has anyone else ever experienced this and how did you deal with this?

Hi Chelle,

First off (as I've just read your thread from the start) :argh::banghead:!!!!
I have my own gripe with Docters as a type 1 diabetic. Many talk to you like they actually have a chuffing idea what it's like to manage something that their body does for them without them ever having to think about. That however is a whole other rant!!

Your choice to join a Slimming Group is such a positive one and you should be applauded :clap: as it takes courage to walk through those doors x

Anyway, I think in your job you wont get away from being referred to as something people will remember on a very basic level.... you just want to look forward to the day when the same people are asking you where the 'Big Girl' is? :confused:

Hi Chelle,

First off (as I've just read your thread from the start) :argh::banghead:!!!!
I have my own gripe with Docters as a type 1 diabetic. Many talk to you like they actually have a chuffing idea what it's like to manage something that their body does for them without them ever having to think about. That however is a whole other rant!!

Your choice to join a Slimming Group is such a positive one and you should be applauded :clap: as it takes courage to walk through those doors x

Anyway, I think in your job you wont get away from being referred to as something people will remember on a very basic level.... you just want to look forward to the day when the same people are asking you where the 'Big Girl' is? :confused:

hiya, thanks for your reply and your kind words,

yes that will be a great day lol, one of my collegues has lost 6 stone and shes had all sorts of problems at work with our service users not recognising her and shouting at her, thing is with dementia, once you get in their mindset you sort of form a bond and can be seen as their closest family member so for them seeing someone so close to them and not recognising them even when their standing their telling them that there the same person can be quite distressing but yes it would be lovely to be referred to as "the slim one" xx

I see, that could be a problem :rolleyes:
I have a vague understanding of dementia, and did briefly volunteer in a care home with dementia sufferers about ten years ago, but i never thought about it like that.

At least with slimming world the weight loss should be gradual and if you are referred to as being 'friendly' now, that wont change :)

I suppose you will have to cross that bridge when you come to it hun xxxxxxxx

breakfast- egg and soldiers (i slice of brown toast)

lunch- 2 slices of ham, 1 tomato and 1 tbsp of salad cream

dinner will be - homemade beefburger, SW chips and baby carrotts

HEA- skimmed milk

HEB- not sure what to have to be honest, the only thing i can think of is having some shreddies later tonight

I fear I've got a unhealthy obsession with beetroot, well I know its not unhealthy but I could lierally eat 15 bowls of the stuff every day I can't get enough of it!

Ever since I was little my grandma has always done big bowls of beetroot with onion and vinegar, I used to always have it with salads or on ham sandwiches but recently I could eat it with anything, for lunch today I just had a big bowl of it on its own.

Everytime I see my grandma she gives me bowls of the stuff, I went to see her this morning and came home with 12 jars of the stuff, 12!!!!!

I just love it, I'm having a roast dinner tonight after weigh in and am contemplating having some with that! :s

Oh dear

Had a great time tonight, the consultant is so so lovely and the group seemed really nice too.

I have lost 3lbs since monday which is great, but seen as though I technically started today I'm not going to count that 3lb and just start from today

Onwards and downwards :)

Glad your class went well, will make it a lot easier if you get on with the people there and actually look forward to it. Hope it keeps going well for you :)

I've found that going to class and staying to image therapy gives me the motivation I need.

I have done it so many times from home and it's just fizzled out. This time I'm staying til I've finished... and even then I plan to keep going.

I like my group, but I am still very quiet and more of a spectator. You learn loads though, and i started to chat to a couple of other members last week which was nice :D

Your beetroot obsession is fascinating and disturbing at the same time lol :giggle:

Back