Cheryl, Marie's & Nikki's 26 week challenge

pandora

finding my way again !
Last week , after a few exchanges with Mike, i set myself a 26 week challenge.
Basically i put on 1/2 of the weight i'd lost & needed a new target to work towards, so i aim to be back at my lowest weight of last year by my birthday.
This gives me 26 weeks to lose 39lbs, thats 1.5lbs a week, which should be quite obtainable.
This week i am pleased to say i lost 4.6lbs.
This is where i shall record my losses, along with my diary.
xx

week 1 -4.6lbs

Great idea Cheryl, you can't beat having a plan. Losing 1.5lb a week is so do-able without too much 'suffering' and you have already made a brilliant start.

You've inspired me to think in terms of a target so I will go and visit my diary.

Take care.

Love

A great, achievable target ... and well done on your fab loss this week by the way :)

you're welcome, anything that keeps us motivated & as we have similar goals it shold work well
xx

Well done Cheryl on your loss this week, brilliant hun!

You sound really upbeat and motivated too xxxxx

Cheryl what a FANTASTIC result... 4.6lbs is amazing... well done you :)

Great first week loss Cheryl... your on your way and I'm sure you'll reach our target by your birthday...:D

Love

Pandora, Ive just wrote an answer on my own diary but just incase you dont see it -
I would love to! thank you so much for including me - your so sweet. The timing (26weeks) couldnt be more perfect for me as cut off point (last dress fitting for alterations) is 5th of July.

Thanks a mill, pet!!

Oh and I cant believe I forgot to say it!! - well done on the FABULOUS loss this week!! talk about a good start!!!!

Pandora - well done on your fantastic loss this week. A great start to your challenge!

aw thanks Cheryl and Starlight xx :grouphugg:

this weeks results
Marie & Nikki, if you pm me your loss after you weigh on Tues then i'll update when i've got all our results.

Tuesday 15th January
Cheryl - 4.5lbs Marie - 1lbs Nikki - 2lbs
xx

Yes you did Marie!! remember that thread on here about 1lb of fat?!!

That really IS a good way of lucking at it, Cheryl - (thanks for that!!:))

oooh Pandora, Im so excited - this is giving me a great incentive!! - was just thinking, how "meant to be" (lol) was this?, have just realised that the three of us all weigh in on a Tuesday, dont we?

So, completely inspired by this and as an extra push to achieve my 26 week challenge, I made a 17 week challenge with the girls in the office (to incorporate into my 26 week one)

The reasoning for the 17 weeks is because, Laura (one of the girls) is jetting off to Florida the first week of June and had been saying to me she wants to be bikini ready (she is tiny! - a size 8-10, would be so health conscious but reeeaally wants to tone up here tummy for her own confidence)

Anyway, this is what I planned with the girls incase you may or may not want to try it....

I put up an extra calender and gave each girl a set of coloured stickers (there is only 3 of us too!!) obviously each colour represents a girl (im blue for instance)

So, (im probably not explaining this very well at all!!) we have decided that we all have to exercise four days a week, for a minimum of 30 mins.

The exercise can be anything... a walk, (laura does yoga on Mondays, so that'll be one of hers for e.g), 30 mins on an exercise machine at home (which we all have) or I have a Davina box set (never opened :D) there is 3 dvds in it so Im going to distribute between the 3 of us and we're going to alternate the dvds once a forthnight (to save boredom setting in)

As an extra incentive, Im collecting €2 off each of us every Friday, putting in a little tin I have in my desk.

Every day that we do exercise we put our coloured sticker on the calender for that day.

At the end of the 17 weeks whoever has the most stickers on the calender gets all the Money in the kitty to treat themselves with.

If two have the same amount of stickers, we'll split it and if 3 do well we'll split it 3 ways and look on it as a good way of saving.

Ive said to the girls to set mini goals on a 4 week basis for themselves, privately - be it to loose pounds, inches, tone or to increase their fitness levels - its theyre business but may help motivation wise.

Myself and Laura are also thinking of starting a class - pilates or boxercise - we're looking into it at the min..

So what do you think?

Im a great one for starting to exercise, do great for a week but then the novalty wears off for another few months. I think this might give me a boot up the bum. Plus Im soooo competative!!!

Thanks again for this Pandora!!

Just a quick reminder to Marie & Nikki to let me have their weigh in results sometime today for me to update, ta
xx

Hi Pandora!!!

Was just about to PM you! - lost 2lbs this week - woo hoo!!!

How did you get on??? xxxxx

Back