Chest feeling funny

Drunk Tinkerbell

Right, be warned... I'm a hypochondriac and do have a tendency to make myself panic about things!!

When I did Atkins, I used to feel like my heart was beating harder than normal. Sometimes I'd get out of a very hot bath and have to lie on the bathroom floor because I felt funny, and thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest.

I'm on day 6 of CD and am relieved that I haven't felt this way but today I got myself really worked up at work. I felt a bit out of breath after lunch when i got back to my desk and then I sat there and sent myself doollally, over analysing how I was feeling, convincing myself I was having a heart attack.

I started googling about lighter life and cambridge dieters that had had heart attacks and then scared the **** out of myself.

I do keep feeling that feeling though. I don't think I'm imagining it. My heart's not racing, in fact it usually goes at about 90bpm and now it's going about 70bpm but it feels like it's beating harder. I can feel it beating in my chest.

Has anyone had this? Is it something I should worry about? I don't really want to go the doctor because I just think he'll say come off the diet :(

I also feel a little bit out of breath, like I keep needing to take a deep breath.

Having said all that, I went out with friends after work and didn't notice it. Chatted and laughed and joked fine. Which is making me think could it be anxiety?

Sounds like an anxiety/panic attack. I get them and I can feel my heart racing.

I used to get this with certain cwp products. I dont know why but if i had a choc mint shake i would get palpitations and not sleep all night...and the worse it would get the more i would panic and it was a vicious circle!! Try and work out if it is a particular product making u feel that way! X

Thanks guys, even this morning I've woken up and still feel its beating harder than normal in my chest and feel like I need to keep taking deep breaths. It's very odd. I'm seeing my consultant today and might mention it. I just wouldn't want her to tell me to stop the diet!

When you get it on Atkins it's usually a lack of potassium. Not sure why it happens on cd. Maybe try some supplements?

I suffer from palpatations and have done since i was 13. It is scary but try not to panic. Mine can go on for days and the day before im in ketosis i have a whole day of sitting down because i can't move without having one! x

Having googled lighter life and palpitations it seems lots of people get them. I hope it settles down :(
I'd like to know what causes them specifically. I did wonder whether maybe I needed to move up a few steps...

Yes I've had this. But have always suffered palpitations on and off. I do get more on cd, but put it down to my body working hard to burn fat and me just being super sensitive to how my body feels at moment. If it bothers you, move up a plan, you can have milk and a meal in the evening. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So weird I was about to post pretty much the EAXCT same thing!! i too am a complete hypochondriac but since yesterday my chest feels as though someone is sitting on it, my heart feel like its beating so hard and keep having to take in deep breaths. I had this before a couple months ago and doctor put it down to an anxiety attack (after I had made him send me to hospital for an ecg,scan etc :/ ) I think the more you think about it the worse it gets. Try and just forget about it and keep yourself busy, that deffo works for me! Infact I had forgotten about it till i read this haha , good luck on the CWP! Its fab, ive lost 19 lbs in 11 days!

I am on ss+ already....
I have a doc appt today about something else so might mention to doc. Apparently it can be down to acid reflux.
I'm worried he's just going to immediately blame CD though. Have any of you told your doctor you're on CD? What is their general opinion of the diet? I don't want to be met with a load of negativity!

Gorge, it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one but sorry you're feeling the same. It feels just how you described... Like someone's sitting on my chest! I do know that babies can suffer from reflux until they're weened so maybe it's because we're not eating food so nothing to keep the acid down?

Ok went to doc. He said he thinks it's all anxiety and wanted to give me tablets. He said it could be acid reflux but he thinks that would be caused by anxiety too?
I said don't give me anything yet, I'll get gaviscon and see if that helps...

Ong I had exactly the experience two nights ago, I got home from work feeling absolutely fine be pleased with myself as I managed to not cheat the school party anyway around 5pm I started having chest pain and numbness in my left arm. I thought I would be fine and went had a nap. Woke up two layers and could not breathe an the pain was getting worse, at this point I really started panic and went to A&E. I had an ECG,blood test and X ray done. Thank god all came back fine. The doctor it could be a muscle pain and I sent home. I took some medications which has Codeine in it but I think it may have taken me out of ketosis. Anyway I'm totally fine now but I'm taking it easy. I tend to get out of breathe even getting out of breathe. I was managing to take the stairs up and down at work with some discomfort but now just going down them is causing a lot of discomfort.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh you poor thing, I didn't suffer from any pain. I did have a muscle problem a few years ago where I used to get sharp pain in my chest when I breathed. Once I ended up in hospital for ECG, blood tests, x ray too and ended up on codeine. Rest up xxx

Sorry to hear your feeling rough tinks!! :(
You were brave telling the doctor glad he was ok about it!
Def think you should stick to ss+ now don't want them getting any worse!
I sometimes still feel dizzy if I get up to quick especially in the morning!
Hope your ok :) x x

What did your CDC write down?? That's fab!! Lots more will come off next week 2 cause you've been out a few times! It's still a brill loss though!!! Well done x x

O yer defo!!!! That will b why! 4lb is still fab :) do you have a date you want to reach goal weight? Stick with it and you'll do even better next weigh in at least 5!!!! ;) x much <3

Back