Chewing Gum?!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sophie94, 5 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Sophie94

Sophie94 Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone could help me, my counsellor said it would be ok to chew sugar free gum as long as it doesnt make us hungry (it doesnt me). But i know some people say not too.

So, now on day 2 im worrying it will forfeit my weightloss. The thing is im just popping it in, just because its there, the sort of thing i done with food :confused:

Thanks

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Hiya Sophie from what i remember of last time, some people say you need to this exactly by the book as thats the way it works... others have odd things to get them through the day... as long as it isn't sabbotarging ketosis and weightloss..
    But one thing I would say is this.... The reaosn I am doing CD and have come back to it, is that I have a real problem with food,... I pick all the time and as you say Just pop food in....
    The great thing with this diet, ias that it breaks those connections by force... you don't eat so nothing slips in.... if you are substituting food for chewing gum.. then you are not breaking the habit... If you are using a piece to give yourself somethign to chew instead of going of the rails that would seem to be a better reason...
    It's just my opinion and you will prob get very differnet answers, but for me this works because nothing gets popped in...
    You do very quickly adjust to having no food though..

x

4. macy12

macy12 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi
    I have been chewing nicorette gum all through my six weks on ss (stopped smoking ages ago, but now hooked on the gum!).
    My losses seem ok to me, and it doesn`t make me feel hungry.
    x

5. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    I've been chewing sugar free gum since around week 4, I just chew it to get rid of my bad breath and then dispose of it. It can make you feel hungry so best not to chew for too long...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.