Chicken and bacon stew

Abbylouise

Hi just need abit of advice, woke up thinking bout stew (abit strange!) So decided i need to make on later. Looked in kitchen and i've got chicken portions and smoked bacon but need advice on how to make a stew out of them?

Hi, I often wake up thinking about food haha!! If you do a tomato based one you could brown off the chicken and bacon then add chopped onions, peppers, mushrooms, maybe a chilli and add pasatta or chopped tomatoes, some dried herbs and wack it all In the oven or slow cooker and it'll be delist. Serve with rice or pasta x

Yummy chicken and bacon stew!!!
you could skin the chicken, trim fat off the bacon and brown them off in fry lightor equivalent .remove from pan , clean the pan ( to get rid of chicken and bacon fat) re spray with oil, and fry diced onion, chunky chopped carrot, and finely chopped celery. Until softened and browned. Put chicken bacon an veg into cassarole dish/slow cooker . Chuck in a tin of tomatoes 100ml chicken stock chopped garlic parsley,sage and a couple of tablespoons of pearl barley and cook. Just before its ready put in a tsp of chicken bovril and some lemon juice!
You'll have to forgive me for not putting weights measures as this is how I cook lol and I don't know them, I tend to "chuck it all in" and do what looks right! Just check the juices run clear in the chicken. I regularly cook this dish and hubby and I love it! Hope this helps.
Enjoy your grub! Xx

Back