Chicken baked in mayo/parmesan/garlic - all phases - carbs low

Kat1e

This is for life
Here's my favourite induction chicken dish. Completely flexible and works really well if you have guests. Found it on a low carb forum somewhere so thanks to whoever it was:)

Ingredients
Chicken quarters, breasts, fillets - what ever you fancy and plenty of them - ideally with skin but doesnt have to be
Mayonaise - a low carb one so i use full fat helmans
Grated parmesan
Crushed garlic or lazy garlic (my choice)

To make it (cant call it instructions or method as you will see)
Mix plenty of mayo with parmesan and garlic to taste
Coat all chicken pieces liberally and put in baking dish- dollop any extra on top
Sprinkle some more parmesan on
Bake in oven at appropriate temp for appropriate length until done(depends on shape, cut, your oven etc)
First half - cover in foil
Second half - allow to brown

Serve with plenty of veg - recommend green beans and brocolli

Enjoy - usually rave reviews from (carb eating) guests:)

Ooh that'd be lovely with some bacon and mushrooms thrown it sounds delicious :)

Say I did this with two large chicken breasts in a fan oven at 180... How long do you think I'd need to cook it for? *clueless*

If boneless then 40mins or so in preheated oven
With bones, then may need an extra 15 mins to ensure cooked (can always cut to see)

They'll defo be boneless. Thanks! I'll probably have this next week!

Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I am running low on inspiration for meals...
This sounds yummy!

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

Oh my! This was lovely! Hubby & the kids loved it too!
Thanks again for sharing :D

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

Hmmm, think I will be trying this!

Had it tonight with 'mashed potatoes' totally gorgeous!

Thanks for this recipe :) I'm going to try this tomorrow, with a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes on top, can't wait!

Since I saw this on here, I have it at least once a week now. I mix the Hellmans up with garlic and spread it over the chicken. Then I take a big mushroom and fill it with the left over Hellmans mix, then sprinkled both the chicken and mushroom with the parmesan. Its lovely!

This is still my favourite recipe - we eat it at least once a week... Like tonight:)

Attachments

• image-2086196548.jpg
    image-2086196548.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 352
Katie

Thanks for sharing it looks really yummy gonna give it a whirl tomorrow x

Just Made this mine turned out more like a bake lol...had with cauliflower mash....keep having to pinch myself ...is this really a diet lol x

Attachments

• image-900484970.jpg
    image-900484970.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 316
Kat1e said:
Here's my favourite induction chicken dish. Completely flexible and works really well if you have guests. Found it on a low carb forum somewhere so thanks to whoever it was:)

Ingredients
Chicken quarters, breasts, fillets - what ever you fancy and plenty of them - ideally with skin but doesnt have to be
Mayonaise - a low carb one so i use full fat helmans
Grated parmesan
Crushed garlic or lazy garlic (my choice)

To make it (cant call it instructions or method as you will see)
Mix plenty of mayo with parmesan and garlic to taste
Coat all chicken pieces liberally and put in baking dish- dollop any extra on top
Sprinkle some more parmesan on
Bake in oven at appropriate temp for appropriate length until done(depends on shape, cut, your oven etc)
First half - cover in foil
Second half - allow to brown

Serve with plenty of veg - recommend green beans and brocolli

Enjoy - usually rave reviews from (carb eating) guests:)

This may seem like a dumb question, so please forgive me, but...... Do you put the mixture underneath the skin? I only ask cause i didn't and although the topping crisped up luverly the skin below was soft n not too pleasant. Or is it best just not to have skin on?

I used skinless chicken breasts ....yuck wouldn't fancy soggy chicken skin lol x

Just seen this - we usually have skin on and seems to brown up nicely. Note the mayo is more like a rub/marinade than a bake so fairly thin. Or maybe it's our fan oven?
Anyway, best thing about the recipe - use any cut you fancy:)

Last edited:
Back