Chicken curry Help.!

autumnbabe

Gold Member
Does anyone know a chicken curry recipe please i have trailed through posts and i cant find one so i thought id ask.

Just really fancy one tonight.!!
Thankyou

I have a quick one, it's not at all a proper curry, but I love it.

I bake some chicken in the oven, chop up into rough pieces, chuck in the pan with some oil, then throw some curry powder over it and make sure the pieces are all coated and not with dry powder on them - and serve on a bed of cauli rice and some mayo over the top mmmm.

Thanks ladyF but wanted more of one with sauce... i think id use cream and curry powder but not sure if the cream would curdle and im still on induction.!!

Hi Autumnbabe!,

I fry off some onions in Tikka Masala curry paste, add the chicken and then some low fat yoghurt. If you like it hot, you could add some chopped chillies. It's quick and easy.
Ooh, you're making me want a curry for dinner aswell..yum.

There's a wonderful one on here from Jim. I made it and it was delicious.
This is what I did:
Finely chop 1/2 and onion and fry until brown, add a pich of salt, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp ground ginger, 1tsp cumin, 2 fresh tomatoes chopped and the cooked chicken.
Add just enough water to cover and then simmer for about 20 minutes. Add garam masala to taste then boil to reduce liquid.

We had this with celeriac chips and it was amazing. (Thanks again Jim! )

just tikka curry paste is a jar.??? That sounds very nice.
yes really fancy curry tonight.. whats a alternative to garlic bread or nan bread.? Anyone.?

I just lob in a tablespoon of the paste from the jar after the onions have browned, then chicken and cook it slowly after adding the yoghurt. Actually, I should have said earlier that I also lob in a can of chopped tomatoes..oops. I'm not sure about Atkins but would some poppadums be better than Naan?.

didn't think i could ladyfelsham. was going to look at the packet when i got to shop.... im doing the curry because i want to try the rice.lol.!!

There's a good recipe in the recipe thread which I have made several times.

I made one the other week, found a tikka masala spice blend packet in the the cupboard.

1onion
Half tin of toms
Wee bit garlic
Chicken stock cube.

Fry onions and garlic till brown, add chicken or meat and brown, add spice mix and heat, water and stock cube to cover meat.

Now I ended simmering for a few hours but, I picked the meat out, blended the sauce with a stick blender and then added a touch cream before returning meat and serving with buttery cauli rice......yummy yum.

Oh and if you need a supplier for spice mixes, there is a page on facebook called chilli papas....worth a look ;)

This is a recipe that was posted by British Claire 84. I love it and had it saved. Nice and creamy:

Claire's slightly altered and Carb counted -

Makhni Chicken Curry Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Recipe

Makhni (Buttery) skinless bone-less chicken breast is made with butter, cream and yogurt Compare this with Traditional Makhni Chicken . We will not marinate the chicken in this recipe.

Ingredients

1. Cooking oil: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
2. Skinless boneless chicken breasts: 4 (0.0 carbs)
The chicken should be cut into bite size pieces.
3. Finely chopped Onion almost pureed: 100g (7.0 carbs)
4. Salt: ½ teaspoon (0.0 carbs)
5. Ground Cayenne: ¼ teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
3. Minced Garlic: 1 Tablespoon (3.2 carbs)
4. Ginger Chopped: 1 Teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
5. Curry Powder: 2 Teaspoons (2.0 carbs)
6. Full fat natural Yogurt: 75g (4.9 carbs)
7. Tinned Chopped tomatoes: 200g (5.8 carbs)
8. Butter (unsalted): 2 Tablespoons (0.0 carbs)
9. Water: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
9. Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon (2.0 carbs)
10. Double cream: 300ml (4.8 carbs)

Total carbs for whole recipe = 30.5g carbs

Therefore to serve to four people = 7.6g per person

Method

1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Fry chicken pieces till opaque white to light brown. Remove with slotted spoon and put in the crock pot.
3. Add Onions, salt and cayenne to hot oil in the pan. Sauté till onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
4. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté another 2 minutes.
5. Add curry powder, sauté 30 second.
6. Add Yogurt, sauté till almost all the moisture from the yogurt is consumed.
7. Add Tomatoes and butter. Heat till almost bubbly. Transfer to crock pot.
8. Rinse out the pan with water and add water to the crock pot. At this point we are done with the pan.
9. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cover the crock pot set at high. Cook for 40 minutes.
10. Turn down cooker to low, cook for additional 5 to six hours. You may cook at high and save about two hours.

Back