1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

chicken fried rice recipe

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by vonvon84, 6 February 2011 Social URL.

1. vonvon84

vonvon84 Member

Just thought I'd put this recipe on

Friend told me about this as they are also on slimming world. Made this for me and hubby last night and it's fantastic an far as I can see syn free :)

Tastes exactly like our takeaways :)

The secret is using cooked chicken breasts and cooking and cooling rice overnight

Serves 2-3

Boil 200g long grain rice then drain and cool overnight in fridge
    2 cooked chicken breasts skinned etc ( we just picked up from super Market)
    4-6 chopped spring onions
    Dark soy sauce

Once rice cooled cut chicken into fine strips

Fry spring onions lightly in fry light so still have a slight crunch and add the cooked chicken now add soy sauce to coat the chicken an fry for about 3-4 min now add rice an some more soy sauce - I used quite a bit of soy sauce about 1 3rd of bottle

I made up some mayflower curry sauce to go with it(£1 from farmfoods) which is amazing and exactly like takeaway curry sauce im told this is 4 syns for the full box so prob only about 0.5 syn each per portion made up

Hope u enjoy :)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Thank You for this

I will definitely give it a try:)

Mel x
  4. Mel-hugz

Mel-hugz Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Ive always made fried rice like this i feel good now haha!
  5. Maverick

Maverick Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Just to confirm, Mayflower curry sauce is 4 syns per 100ml made up as directed. I love the stuff, was gutted my local farmfoods doesn't appear to have it any more.
  6. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Fab, thanks so much for this. Ive been craving a "good" chicken fried rice and curry sauce all week but grudge the syns needed for one from the chinese. Will be trying this tonight xx
  7. peachy7

peachy7 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    jasmine rice is best for fried rice as its slightly sticky.... (from a chinese cook book), i also use thighs (as recommended cos they have more flavour than breast) and scrambled a couple of eggs in too, but i dont cool my rice overnight and its perfect
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.