Chicken kebab with pitta

Donzy84

Back to basics
Morning, trying to plan... Got a friend coming tonight and she wants takeaway am I right in thinking that my best option will b a chicken kebab? What do you reckon cals would be? And ideas? Would u base on a normal pitta and a chicken breast???

Thanks in advance x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've heard that a chicken kebab is actually fairly low calories, if it's not the greasy kind. If you can get the kind that's done on a skewer then you could probably work out roughly how much chicken it is and log it on MFP. It probably is about one chicken breast on the skewers I think but have a look at the skewer and you might be able to work it out a bit better. I'm useless at estimating by eye though!

Hmm, not sure about chicken kebab as I've never had it. But I normally get chicken tikka in pitta or naan or shish kebab in pitta/naan. Pretty decent calorie wise, especially if you go with pitta. And it's grilled and is yummy :)

When I have a medium chicken kebab I count it as 450 and a large 600. No idea if I'm right or wrong but it never effected my weight loss so I still count it as this now. It's a complete guess.

I load mine with lettuce and tomatoes too and no sauce.

wow.. i love these kebabs.. hadnt ever considered them as an option when trying to keep my calories down! Thats probably cos I used to have them with a side of chips!!

I dunno if you've already seen your friend, but I think the best option would be to say 'No, I don't want takeaway, I'm on a calorie counting diet. If you come over I'll make us some nice food though'. Then you could even make a kebab and buy the pita and chicken and salad, cook it yourself, and be sure of the calories :)

Back