Chicken Liver and Ketosis

PiscesGirl

Can I eat chicken liver and stay in ketosis?

Is chicken liver good for losing weight?

The Nutritional Value for: chicken liver, cooked

Quantity 1 liver
Energy (calories) 30
Carbohydrates 0(grams)
Protein 5 (grams)
Cholesterol 126 (milligrams)
Weight 20 (grams)
Fat 1 (grams)
Saturated Fat 0.4(grams)

Way to much cholesterol based on a serving is about 3-4 cooked livers and fat content is pretty high as well based on total volume of serving

Not to mention this info is based on chicken liver alone( as if were boiled in plain water) ,not adding values for preparation method, butter, oil salt, breading, mayo ect ect however you prepare it

It is a good once in a while thing and packed w/ iron but not to be incorperated on a routine basis.

Thank you Edwarrd.WL :)

Pisces girl if Edward is who I think then he knows nothing about vlcds and ketosis.

Wait and see what someone else says

If a food has zero carbs, as many proteins do, and you are already in ketosis, then you will stay in ketosis.

Our bodies use glycogen from carbs as energy, when we deprive our bodies of carbs there is no glycogen so our bodies produce ketones and use fat for its source of energy (long and short of it) so as long as your carb intake stays low, you will stay in ketosis. (There are a few things that can potentially kick you out of ketosis, citric acid/juice is one) You must have lean protein though, if you have high fat protein while in ketosis then you are giving your body extra fuel which can interfere with your weight loss.

That's how I understand it from all the research I've done. Hope it helps!

Haha starlight, is that the Edward that keeps appearing every so often and commenting random stuff?? Lol who is he????

Back