Chicken neck.

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by wannabeminime, 2 November 2006 Social URL.

1. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

Hi all,

I have been delighted with my losses on cd so far, about 4 st since June. I am now starting to get some baggy skin, in the main it doesn't bother me though, battle scars as others have said. However, there is one part of me that is a bit concerning as it is always on show; my neck. It's looking like it belongs to a 70 year old!! I'm 38. Does anyone know of anything that will help it look more normal??

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World

I would think my turkey neck is worse:rolleyes:

This is my weakest point, but it goes through phases of looking worse than other times.

Have you noticed that, that some weeks it looks worse and other times better???

I use bio oil and massage well and have my fingers crossed and if that fails:eek: wear a scarf:(

When I worry about these things too much I have a habit of slipping off the wagon...:eek: :eek: :eek:

I know I want to be normal weight and I have to push through my fears on this...

I do from time to time do those facial exercises like sticking out your tongue and try to tip your nose with it...

Here is a link for some good ones.

FREE anti-aging facial exercises - Neck and Throat exercises.

Love Mini xxx
  4. wannabeminime

Ooh, thanks Mini!

I am not falling off the wagon for any chickens or turkeys this time! Or meals out with bad egg dates!
  5. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Lighter Life
    OMG me!!!

I hate my neck now, I have three or four really seriously bad lines going down my neck now and I am really really self conscious of them.

I have spent a fortune on everything for it - bio oil, neck cream, anti aging cream and all sorts but nothing has worked :(

Mini thank you for posting that link, I will try the neck exercises out.

Sorry this probably wasn't what you wanted to hear but I will watch this thread with interest because if there is anything out there that works, that would be brilliant!
  6. lavender

lavender Silver Member

I had a turkey neck when I had about a stone to go but by the time i had finished it had gone again, dont worry , I'm nearly 42 so you have a few years on me too!!!
  7. wannabeminime

Thanks Lavender!
  8. nadhak

lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    Not tried it yet - as waiting for free gift offer to come out - but... Dior do a neck and throat firming lotion - worth a go !
    Mine is baggy too!
  9. wannabeminime

Oohh, let us know how you get on! Fab weight loss and pics, BTW!!
  10. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    This bit of advice was given to a friend of mine by a therapist who does Botox etc.

When you use eye firming cream put any remaining on your finger under your chin as it helps to firm it up. I tried it and it really seems to work.

11. wannabeminime

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.