Attack Chicken thighs?

I just read that chicken thighs are 50% fat! Could This be stopping my weight loss?!

No surely not! Without the skins they're pretty lean - ie low fat. Where you read this? Listen to the good doctor and get on with the business in hand to lose weight and keep it off.

They are the fattiest part of a chicken but I think the tastiest. I buy the boneless ones tasty and so versatile xxx but Im sure the good Dr. Says breasts best.....

That statistic scared the life out of me so I checked: mfp and calorie count say 10-15% of fat for a thigh without the skin. More than 20% with the skin (although that seems low?).

Still pretty high for dukan, though - thanks for pointing out the difference!

Chicken thighs are, without doubt, the very best bit about Dukan!!

The thing about Dukan is that it isn't for us to decide if a food is okay because it's low fat or low carb or high fibre. Dukan is a strict diet with a list of allowed foods - and that's it! If it ain't on the list, it shouldn't be eaten. If it is on the list, enjoy! :D

P x

Also it's a low fat diet, not a no fat diet. We do need a little bit of fat in our diet so I wouldn't worry about the thighs (but keep away from the wings!)

I use a lot of chicken thigh meat as I find breast so dry and difficult to force down. I spend ages trimming of any fatty bits with scissors though before I cook them.

Back