Attack Chicken tikka masala, was it too much??

athens

Hello everyone! I am currently on my 4th day of attack! (I haven't had a chance to fix my stats and ticker yet, I will tomorrow)
Firstly I have to say that you are all doing so great here! I have been silent in the dukan forum for the past weeks till I started 4 days ago! Attack has given me a terrible headache until today, I spent the whole day at home, walked to the supermarket so the headache I had for the past days (when I was at work) was finally gone, and I hope for good!! The thing is that I feel a little guilty because I feel so much better and I am wondering if it has something to do with the tikka masala chicken I made for supper. I marinated the chicken breast in some 0% yoghurt, tikka masala mix, and a dash of lemon juice, and I cooked it with a little bit of onion and tomato purée. It was crazy tasty! Considering that all the previous days I had much simpler menus, I feel like I did something wrong and maybe i should have stuck to the basics! What do you think? It's the first time I used tolerated items. To make things worse, I have leftovers now and I feel sorry to throw it away and not eat it tomorrow! Please, comment... Oh, and do you think that the headache is coming back, or it just disappears?
Thank you in advance!

Hi Athens

Sounds super fine and yummy to me! Just make sure your tikka mix didn't contain sugar.

I think it's natural to start with plain foods when beginning Dukanning and then as one gets a bit braver, the spices and sauces come out to play!

You honestly don't need to deny your taste buds on Dukan; check out the recipe thread for evidence of this!

Stick with it, you've done the hard part - now it gets easier :D

P x

I had the headache from hell for day 1 and 2 and felt sick until day 3. I'm sorry you had to have the headache until day 4 but I reckon its gone for good now.
Your dinner sounds yummy and fine to me. Don't feel guilty- you will start to realise that many of the Dukan recipes are delicious and the weight still falls off you!

Good Luck Athens :)

Thank you very much for your replies pauline and kimberley!
I had a small piece of tikka masala for lunch today and the rest was enjoyed by my boyfriend!! (he loved it...)
My headache is also gone, for good I think! I was at work today with lots of stress and felt fine!! thank you very much for the support!
Happy Dukaning!!

Back