Chicken Tikka Massala or Chicken Korma recipe please

lsf666

Watch this space...
Looking for a Chicken Tikka Massala or Chicken Korma recipe for tonight that's syn free or low syn and doesn't need turmeric! :sigh:

Can anyone help? Pretty please???

Turmeric is almost always used for colouring - its very rarely necessary, it'll make no difference to the taste :)

ermintrude said:
Turmeric is almost always used for colouring - its very rarely necessary, it'll make no difference to the taste :)

Thanks :) Hubby's cobbled something together from a few recipes. It smells lovely and ooh here it comes ...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

icon10.gif
Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma

As promised:
serves 4
ready in about 50 minutes
8oz onions
2 1/2cm fresh root ginger
1/4 pint chicken stock made with bovril(I used knorr stock cube)
4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp ground corriander
1 cinnamon stick
5 cardomon pods
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon (I used lemon juice ie Jif)
1oz grated creamed coconut
5oz low fat natural yogurt
1/2oz flaked toasted almonds (i didnt use this)
a small handful of fresh corriander
lemon wedge to serve

Method:
roughlt chop onions, garlic and ginger. Place in food processor blend for a few seconds until smooth paste (I used crushed garlic and ginger)transfer to frying pan, add stock bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins
cut chicken into chunks. add to the mixture and cook stirring soften for a further 5 mins or until chicken coloured all over. Stir in the spioces, seasoning and lemon juice. Add the coconut and cook gently for 10 mins
Gradually add the yogurt a spoonful at a timestirring continuously.
Cover and cook for a further minute until thick. Pour in 1/4pt water and simmer gently for 15-20 mins until chicken is tender and cooked through.
discard the cinamon stick and cardomon pods. sprinkle with almonds and corriander and serve.

it is very pale in colour so it might be an idea to add some yellow food colouring (I added turmeric spice)

Hope you enjoy this it is gorgeous ....

Back