Chickpea cake

Bluebabe

Help I have just been told by my consultant that the chickpea cake is 23sins for the whole cake and not the 1/5th of a sin as per the recipe. Can someone clear this up for me please please please. I even had a green dy so that I could eat a few slices. Any advice would be welcomed:confused:

Blue babe

You must be using an old recipe.
This is an age old thing, commonly know on here as "food abuse"
Effectively, the chickpeas are being used as a flour substitute - they are not meant to be eaten as a cake, they're not being used as part of a meal, and actually work out as a very high calorie snack. I know we don't do calories, but it's all relative.

So, the chick peas will be taken at the Red day value and synned accordingly.

It's gross anyway!!!

From what I have read elsewhere the Hex's are only HEx's and so free when eaten as that but when you add them to a recipe you need to syn them? Do not hold me to this but what I read. I need some info on this too as I make cakes with HEx's and dont syn the full thing - just the things that needed to be synned!!!! I do not know the ingredients to the Chickpea Cake but if you calcualted them minus the HEx's then you might arrive at the 23syns!!! I will check back to see if this is the case!!!!

Chickpea cake is normally whizzed chick peas, eggs, lemon, sweetener and other flavourings. Not normally healthy extras in it.

It is quite gross :yuk:

Yep 110g chick peas is a B choice on red. I think the recipe uses a tin full (approx 400g)

I do get confused with it all, but I just ask myself if a "normal, non dieting" person would eat such pretend food, and if the answer is no, then I don't bother!

I can't say I've ever seen a recipe for any of the "cakes" in a magazine or recipe book over the last few years either.

Back