Chinese buffet = plan of attack!

jodidi

Silver Member
Hi all I no I've messed around for ages now, well it's really come to bite me on the bum because I'm the heaviest I've ever been and not just on slimming world. Very sad. But I've decided if I'm going to lose this weight I need to do it properly, 100%, no tweeks or treats. I can lie to myself any longer, only times I've been successful is when I'm strict with myself and I give up the junk!

However this brings me to my question! Friends are taking me and hubby to a Chinese buffet Friday, how can I best stay on track so I can still enjoy myself but stay away from the obviously unhealthy choices and get straight back on Saturday morning? I've chatted to my SWC about it and she gave me some excellent tips but I'd still like your advice too do I can make the best plan of attack!
TBH I sort of wish we weren't going now but they are taking us as a thank you treat and because my hubby's having a major knee op week on thurs so we won't be able to do much for a while. I suppose I need to learn how to deal with these situation because they are a part of life!
Thanks in advance

avoid deep fried at all costs - no crackers, wontons, spring rolls or deep fried meats!

Try to have a lot of steamed rice, this will fill you up!

Often at the buffet they have steamed brocolli, carrots and such - pile your plate high - then hunt out some chicken or char sui pork and add this too.

Fruit for pudding.

Do have a little treat - perhaps a little whippy icecream or a cake - something small but naughty!

Enjoy x

Thanks that's good advice, I'm staying away from the dessert isle tho apart from the fruit as I can not be trusted, lol!

If I go for a Chinese buffet there is usually a salad bar there so fill up on that as my starter.. Choose plenty of steamed rice and chicken/beef in a black been sauce (5 syns I think as rice is free). Oh and plenty of ice-water so I don't want pud ;). Enjoy your night and hope the op goes well xx

My friend said there is an teppenkaki bar there where u choose meat and veg and they cook it so im definately going to go for that option.

that good in theory - but they use a LOT of oil to cook the foods. Not sure it is actually as healthy as it seems! but in the main, its better than other options and very filling! x

Think I'm just going to have to make the best choices I can!

I usually do 3 rounds at the chinese buffets lol!

I always have:
Round 1. Lots of veggies to start so that fills me up- brocolli, caulli, carrots, any salad etc and boiled plain rice, then on the second round.. lol.. I go for low calorie things like:
Round 2. Prawns and mushrooms in oyster sauce with more veg and a little bit of egg fried rice or noodles (little treat)!
Round 3.Then on the dessert round i'll have melon, mango etc, chineses are fab for having lots of fruit! With a bit of the soft ice cream (like the yogurt machine at nandos) yummy or a quick dip in the choco fountain lol !!!

That way its not too high syns but you feel satisfied you've had a treat! Doing this has has never made a difference to my weight loss :) xxxxx

TheFitBit said:
I usually do 3 rounds at the chinese buffets lol!

I always have:
Round 1. Lots of veggies to start so that fills me up- brocolli, caulli, carrots, any salad etc and boiled plain rice, then on the second round.. lol.. I go for low calorie things like:
Round 2. Prawns and mushrooms in oyster sauce with more veg and a little bit of egg fried rice or noodles (little treat)!
Round 3.Then on the dessert round i'll have melon, mango etc, chineses are fab for having lots of fruit! With a bit of the soft ice cream (like the yogurt machine at nandos) yummy or a quick dip in the choco fountain lol !!!

That way its not too high syns but you feel satisfied you've had a treat! Doing this has has never made a difference to my weight loss :) xxxxx

Thanks some good ideas here for next rime

I'm off 2 a buffet the nite, nvr bn 2 this 1 b4 so not sure wot on offer. Will try my best 2b good as this is only 58st wk on diet & don't want a gain! Let u no how goes :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Back