Chinese fakeaway?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a Chinese 'fakeaway'? It's my birthday this weekend and rather than go out and spend syns and money we'd stay in and attempt our own Chinese. I'm going to make special fried rice but wondered if anyone has any other ideas of low syn or even free things I can make? I've got some pork I need to make into a main dish.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a Chinese 'fakeaway'? It's my birthday this weekend and rather than go out and spend syns and money we'd stay in and attempt our own Chinese. I'm going to make special fried rice but wondered if anyone has any other ideas of low syn or even free things I can make? I've got some pork I need to make into a main dish.

Check out Petes cookbook,he has a peanut chicken dish that everyone loves & lots of other delish recipes, beware it's a long thread but it's well worth trawling through.Hope you have a lovely birthday :)

Is that in the recipe section?

Ooh great, thank you! I'm going to attempt spring rolls using lasagne sheets. Going to boil them, let them cool, fill with stir fry veg and hope that they crisp up in the oven with some frylight!

i do a lovely beef chow mein.

you need noodles, beef oxo cube, splash soy sauce, mushroom, garlic, beansprouts, and quorn pieces.

cook the noodles and quorn pieces in a pint of beef oxo stock until reduced down, add the rest of the ingredients, cook through the mushies and bean sprouts.

nom.

i do a lovely beef chow mein.

you need noodles, beef oxo cube, splash soy sauce, mushroom, garlic, beansprouts, and quorn pieces.

cook the noodles and quorn pieces in a pint of beef oxo stock until reduced down, add the rest of the ingredients, cook through the mushies and bean sprouts.

nom.

Oh I'm gonna try that :)

Back