Chinese Herbalist .... Anyone use them please?

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
Peeps, I'd be grateful if anyone can relay good, bad or indifferent experiences of consulting a Chinese Herbalist please.

I'm planning on going tomorrow - I've suffered with mouth ulcers since having Chemo from Feb 2010. . I can appreciate that during treatment my resistence was compromised so I'd probably be susceptible to 'things' (everyone is different & my 'thing' was obviously ulcers :wave_cry:) but it's been a year since the end of Chemo now and I still get approx 4 or 5 at a time. . They're constant insomuch as they fade & go in one location but are immediately replaced by others in different places. . They're sometimes kind to me by staying to one side of my mouth or tongue at a time but when they decide to pop up on both sides at the same time, eating & drinking is murder.

Ulcers aren't a side-effect from my (nearly finished) Herceptin treatment & my Oncology nurses just don't know what still causing them. . I had a blood test last treatment to test for levels of B12 & Folate (deficiency is poss cause) but they came back normal - bittersweet result I guess!

I'm wondering if the ancient art of Chinese medicine might be able to help - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back